1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

45 days no pain meds or antidepressant

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

VERY POWERFUL DECISION!!!

Forest and Susan1111 like this.
  2. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I love your attitude Boston. You will be fine!

3. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Marco taking care of yourself is a sign of strength... Doing whatever needs to be done to feel better means to me you care about yourself and that is success!!! Good for you!
    Warmly, Susan

Simplicity and Boston Redsox like this.
  4. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

So true, Susan.

Not beating yourself up about it and taking care of yourself is a success, Marco.

Susan1111 and Boston Redsox like this.
  5. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Just reading all this giving me hope to survive. yes I want to be among you guys NOT TO FEAR ANYMORE. I need to work on it.

Simplicity likes this.
  6. billyp

billyp New Member

First of all, I share your passion for the Redsox. Big time fans here in my house. Love the city of Boston. As to your TMS issues I thought I would share some details of my own journey. I dealt with debilitating back pain and eye pain for about 5 years. Found out about TMS last April. I dove in head first and expected to get better instantly. Well I didn't. I continued to fight it, put pressure on myself and worry about the future (when would the pain be back, how severe, why me, what will my life be like). I finally made an appointment with a TMS Doctor in California and he gave me a thorough examination. He was the only Doctor I had seen who asked me about my life, what issues I was going through and how I reacted to things. After and only after he had reviewed everything carefully he told me that I didn't have any disease, I wasn't destined for a life of pain and that I had TMS. I started thinking about what TMS meant and realized that the most important word in the acronym is TENSION. I had learned to be in a state of tension and my body was finally telling me that I couldn't keep doing this to myself. My natural state of being was tense, anxious, uptight, worried about past and future. I had to stop being so hard on myself, so critical of my errors and stop placing the bar higher and higher. I love that you said 'no more beating myself up'. That is one of the biggest issues. Other things that helped me: find things to do that I enjoy (this took my mind off of the pain and bingo- I didn't have any pain until I thought about it again), find ways to relax, smile more- even if it was a fake smile. Have you ever tried to fake smile for 30 seconds? Eventually you start laughing at yourself and it turns into a real smile. Meditate- this was very foreign to me but I kept at it for several weeks. It really works. Use essential oils for stress and relaxation (my wife turned me onto this). I was very skeptical but I really noticed a change. I have been using DoTerra oils for a while now. I was able to eliminate my acid reflux disease that I took medication for daily for the past 20 years. And yes, it is another TMS equivalent. I still get eye pain occasionally but that tells me that I need to re-focus on the present moment. It reminds me that I'm getting to far ahead of my higher self. I slow down, take some deep breaths, perhaps apply some 'past tense' oils on my neck and the pain goes away.
    Bottom line Marco, you can and will absolutely get better. The fits and starts of pain are a sign that it is losing its power. Stay present, do the things that make you feel happy, smile, and take what comes. Best of luck to you and Go Sox!

7. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

@billyp I can relate to a body that is filled with tension! Although so much better and much like you when im busy i forget sll about it! The tense shoulders and neck are the last piece of my puzzle. I've journeyed into me and learned a lot....4-7-8 breathing has a very calming affect for me but I would love to know more about the essential oils you are using for relaxation.
    I hope you want hold it against me but m a Yankee fan!!!

8. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx billyp for your kind words .