1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

1st post. Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NvrUnderstandY, Jun 1, 2020.

1. NvrUnderstandY

NvrUnderstandY Newcomer

Hello everybody, about a year ago I started experiencing testicle pain on my left side. I went to my GP, he initially thought it was a hernia. I went to go see the surgeon he determined it was not a hernia. So the next step was an MRI, the MRI came back clear. Now the next step was too get an ultrasound on my testicle. The ultrasound came back clear, so then I went to a urologist. At this point I have no idea what is going on with me and my mind is going crazy. I have really bad anxiety and it is on my mind 24/7. The urologist diagnosed me with chronic testicular pain. He used another word starting with an O but I forget. Now fast-forward a year later and I still have issues. I keep thinking that it is TC but the ultrasound ruled that out. I experience pain shooting down in my foot sometimes when I'm sitting, in my lower abdomen, upper thigh! Sometimes I forget about it but a wrong gesture reminds me. I'm a 31 year old I'm just scared and hoping for some help here. Sorry for the long post but I really appreciate it thank you.

Forest likes this.
  2. NvrUnderstandY

NvrUnderstandY Newcomer

am I even in the right place for a issue like this :(

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Understand!

I decided to call you Understand because yes, I think you're in the right place, and you may be beginning to understand more deeply what might be happening with regards to the cause of your symptoms.

Many have been here with testicular pain, and variations of this. If you've been cleared by physicians, then yes, the likely cause is "TMS." This means you may choose to work on the pain as mind-body, and as stress related, or personality related, etc.

We recommend the Structured Education Program listed in the Wiki at the top left of this page. It is free and guides you through inquiry/education re TMS. Also recommended is reading Dr. Sarno's books, looking at the Success Stories subforum, and asking questions, posting progress.

I hope my response helps you feel welcome, because you are. And there is great hope for you getting through this.

For chronic pain with no physical explanation, in any part of the body, the TMS approach, (or similar) seems to be the best. I can speak from my own experience, and in helping many others...

You might like to listen to a recent podcast posted by Alan Gordon, a great contributor here.
    https://www.curablehealth.com/podcast/breaking-the-pain-cycle (What’s the key to breaking the pain cycle?)

Andy

Forest likes this.
  4. JohnP79

JohnP79 New Member

I had testicular pain for about 9 months shortly after starting my career in policing. After ruling everything out they told me it was from the belt we wear which made sense. Basically they say that the nerve to your nut gets pinched higher up. They call this neuralgia paresthetica. Did some accupunture and it slowly went away. The diagnosis made sense because the pain was worse at work and better on days off.
    Looking back now though, the pain started very suddenly on.....wait for it....Christmas Eve. Also, my son (first child) was about 7 months old at the time and he was a really difficult baby. The first year of new careers is very stressful as well, policing is no exception.
    Looking back now, I would bet it was TMS but I never addressed it this way. Hope this helps a bit.

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome!

Especially given that it sounds like you've ruled everything else out, sounds like TMS. For example, diagnoses with incredibly vague names with the word "chronic" in them often seem to end up being TMS. I went to a million doctors as well who could never explain or treat my symptoms, but they often had a diagnosis for me with the word "syndrome" in it. It wasn't until I tried the TMS approach that I got better.
    Often anxiety is closely wrapped up with TMS. If you listen to that podcast episode that @Andy Bayliss linked to, pay special attention to the part where he talks about the anxiety and pain cycle (or maybe it's the fear and pain cycle - either way, anxiety/fear causes pain, which causes anxiety/fear and so on).