1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

오랜만이에요. + Front Tooth Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Seraphina, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Seraphina

Seraphina Peer Supporter

Long time no see! (the title means "long time no see" in Korean :) )

I used to be a little active on this forum since last Summer, but from last October or so I became extremely busy with my job... so I couldn't think of visiting here just for a second.

I had numerous help and support from great people here, and their words did indeed help me reduce major TMS pains around my body.

------------Recent Update-----------
    My TMS journey all started with my ankle's real injury, and now I'm having intermittent pains here and there.

Recent issues were sitting in a rattling car/train/subway. I was really worried if the jerking/lumbering hurts my SI joint or back. AND I actually had a fender-bender, and it caused a whiplash. As I knew from Dr. Sarno's books that whiplash is one of the common TMS manifestations, I didn't experience a severe pain then, but it was more like an intermittent discomfort lasted long and faded away slowly over a month.

December 2014, I was transferred to another department in my workplace where I can pursue my desired career. However, the workload is very high, and my boss is a somewhat stressful type of person--even though I knew she was such a person, it is still stressful. Time to time pain came up on difference areas of my body: my feet, ankles, knees, butts, groins, shoulders, elbows, wrists, head, almost anywhere it wants. If this happened before I had known TMS, I could have been into a deep deep depression. However, thanks to Dr. Sarno, I was able to just struggle with the initial minor symptoms, fight with my worries for some period, and let it flow.

The symptoms are still with me. It appears whenever. But I'm not obsessed with getting rid of them for 100% all of a sudden. It always has been like a slow fade-away. Thanks to people in this forum, I realized the biggest issue was myself obsessed with my inability to stop worrying.

Trusting myself, focusing on my real desires and feelings, and caring them are the solutions.

When I had all those TMS issues with a certain level of pain, I could never imagine if I could go on a trip abroad, but I managed my one-week business trip in London in February!

In London, I instead got my lymphatic nodes swollen and headache because of sleep-deprivation and exhaustion, and the lack of circulation caused by those issues amplified my existing TMS symptoms. I hated the pains, but I was able to re-confirm the blood-related theory of TMS. Before the trip, I was actually worried about my ankles--where everything started--but they were surprisingly fine. Very fine.

----------NOW-----------
    So now, a new thing that bothers me now brought me to the TMS Wiki in such a long time: My front tooth.

I recently moved to another city, and at the last day of my old hometown (last Saturday), my friend gave me a big strong hug for the last time. The thing is, he hugged me so suddenly, embracing me into his arm with sudden strength. Talking at the moment, I was put into his arm with my mouth opened. My front tooth bumped into his arm.

Because he wore a thick, pillowy parka, there was no cracking-like impact on the surface, but it did hurt. And the tooth (left front tooth) that bumped into was the one I got filled 20 years ago. I started worrying right away--what if the tooth ligament has been torn or weakened? what if something went wrong?

But for the first 4-5 days, I didn't feel anything particular with the tooth. However, two days ago, when I was walking on the street in the early cold morning, the front teeth started aching. It's not a severe pain but more like a increased sensitivity and discomfort. I tried to forget about it, but this has lasted for 3 days until now.

As this tooth has been fixed before, I am worried inside if the "hugging collision" hurt the "weak" one....
    My tooth is not blacked, so I think the nerve is fine... but I feel this weird sensitivity intermittently--quite often. I wonder if the tooth ligament has been weakened by the impact and the tooth gets more and more swaying as I keep using it. The discomfort is annoying and wo

I saw many people in the Forum experienced tooth pain as TMS manifestation, but most of them are TMJ-related or molar pain, not a front tooth one, and pains without any impact/injury. If there is any advice for me in such situation, I would be really appreciated.

Best regards,
    Seraphina

2. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

Seraphina,

Naturally you should have your dentist look at it; however, TMS is possible. In 2007 I started to have a strange sensation in one of my front teeth, and i also noticed that I was clenching at night. Funny, during the day I didn't feel particularly stressed though. In any event I ended up having to get a bite guard which cleared up the pain within maybe 2 weeks or so. And we all know what grinding/clenching at night is.......unresolved tension, TMS.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them" Dr. Sarno

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Check it out with a dentist, but I think your "hugging collision" gave your unconscious brain another novel way to distract you. Once you get the OK from the dentist, treat it the same way as any TMS equivalent. You've had success in the past; you can overcome this too.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Tom, thanks for posting that from Dr. Sarno.
    I agree that TMS causes a lot of symptoms, not just body pain, headaches, or anxiety.
    We can think our way out of a lot of them.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I always am amazed at how Koreans can read those hyroglyphs,

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

;)

8. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

"But for the first 4-5 days, I didn't feel anything particular with the tooth."

That's a clue that it could be TMS. I have experienced similar issues with my teeth in the past and did go to the dentist to rule out physical causes.