1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Hanscom's Blog “Finding Health by Letting Go of Hate”

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Back In Control Blog, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Back In Control Blog

Back In Control Blog Well known member

The common thread of successfully dealing with Mind Body Syndrome is truly letting go of anger through deep forgiveness. Anger and pain are inextricably linked. For many of us forgiveness involves somewhat of an intellectual process and is focused on many small “wrongs”. I eventually realized that as long as you are holding on to your deepest wounds you are still trapped.

Dr. Fred Luskin out of Stanford conducted several research studies regarding the effects of forgiveness on the human body and mind. His results were consistent and dramatic. Forgiveness heals. Two of his studies involved the parents of children who had been murdered.

Dr. Sarno who conceptualized the Mind Body Syndrome over 30 years ago used the word “rage”. Being trapped by an unpleasant situation for years will create it. His observation was that many of his patients by just recognizing this link would experience profound healing.

A good friend of mine sent this video to me. It is an NPR story of forgiveness that is the essence of the whole Mind Body healing process. You are the one, and only one, who has the ability to heal yourself.

“Finding Health by Letting Go of Hate”

[​IMG]