1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Diana-M
Bookmarks:

Share This Page

Diana-M

Well known member, Female, from East Coast

Kinda blue today until I did my PT exercises. “No crying in baseball.” May 8, 2024 at 11:46 AM

• My Story

February 2024

I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I have had insomnia, depression, IBS, foot pain, back pain, neck pain, severe panic attacks, leg numbness, neuropathy, plantar fasciitis, leg weakness, allergies, asthma, persistent cough, numb and tingling hands, hands curling up (won’t open all the way, no gripping power), painful leg and stomach contractions, dizziness, electrical “buzzing” inside and balance issues. My body completely locks up when I try to live- do things, visit people, go places…anything.

In 2017, I discovered Dr. Sarno and immediately embraced TMS. I studied it day and night and started journaling about my emotions and got rid of tingling hands at the time. During my other episodes, I just somehow ignored it, and it went away eventually or diminished enough to live with it. For the panic attacks, I meditated and learned about anxiety and it helped to control it. You can read more about these various TMS episodes I had and how I resolved some of them, here.

Flash forward to 2020. During the pandemic, I was extremely terrified, and under a great deal of stress on many levels. I began getting many new symptoms— plantar, foot pain, tingling, numbness, weakness, stiff knees, cramping hands, a feeling like strong hands are gripping my knees, or my hips or my stomach. And I have balance problems. No matter how hard I tried reading Sarno and other books and journaling, I couldn’t put a dent in my symptoms. They just kept getting worse.

So I took Sarno’s advice and got a psychotherapist. I’ve been seeing her for 3 years and we have been tackling my very abusive childhood. She isn’t trained in TMS, but she believes me that I have it. Meanwhile symptoms are still increasing. I recently had to go from a cane to a walker to get around. I am only 64. My hand numbness is starting to make working on my computer difficult.

I have been reading more and more TMS books. Journaling. Doing EFT tapping. Took Alan Gordon’s Pain Recovery Class. Learning so much!

—-Update—-April 24, 2024

2 months in. I’m slowly doing the SEP on this wiki and learning things daily from all the great shares. It’s like TMS group therapy. I love it!

Added Dan Buglio daily videos and the DARE app. Journaling, journaling, journaling!

I’m becoming much more aware of triggers. More aware of my emotions in real time. Getting comfortable with discomfort as I try to do more and more while still having symptoms. Made the switch to thinking that life is fun. And starting to really have that come true! Gaining a little bit of physical strength.
    1. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Kinda blue today until I did my PT exercises. “No crying in baseball.”
    2. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Today gave myself a pedicure. I’m livin’!
    3. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Tonight I did some volunteer work and I totally completely forgot about TMS. That was a great feeling!
    4. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Got my hair done today! Walked the farthest I have walked in more than 6 months. My body tried to shut me down, but I laughed at it.
    5. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Finally got out of the house! No longer house bound! Getting out most days.
      1. HealingMe and BloodMoon like this.
    6. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Yesterday I pictured only fun plans in my head all day, and it was a great day!
    7. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      New to the wiki, but not new to Dr. Sarno. Together we can make it.
      1. JanAtheCPA likes this.
  • My Story

February 2024

I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I have had insomnia, depression, IBS, foot pain, back pain, neck pain, severe panic attacks, leg numbness, neuropathy, plantar fasciitis, leg weakness, allergies, asthma, persistent cough, numb and tingling hands, hands curling up (won’t open all the way, no gripping power), painful leg and stomach contractions, dizziness, electrical “buzzing” inside and balance issues. My body completely locks up when I try to live- do things, visit people, go places…anything.

In 2017, I discovered Dr. Sarno and immediately embraced TMS. I studied it day and night and started journaling about my emotions and got rid of tingling hands at the time. During my other episodes, I just somehow ignored it, and it went away eventually or diminished enough to live with it. For the panic attacks, I meditated and learned about anxiety and it helped to control it. You can read more about these various TMS episodes I had and how I resolved some of them, here.

Flash forward to 2020. During the pandemic, I was extremely terrified, and under a great deal of stress on many levels. I began getting many new symptoms— plantar, foot pain, tingling, numbness, weakness, stiff knees, cramping hands, a feeling like strong hands are gripping my knees, or my hips or my stomach. And I have balance problems. No matter how hard I tried reading Sarno and other books and journaling, I couldn’t put a dent in my symptoms. They just kept getting worse.

So I took Sarno’s advice and got a psychotherapist. I’ve been seeing her for 3 years and we have been tackling my very abusive childhood. She isn’t trained in TMS, but she believes me that I have it. Meanwhile symptoms are still increasing. I recently had to go from a cane to a walker to get around. I am only 64. My hand numbness is starting to make working on my computer difficult.

I have been reading more and more TMS books. Journaling. Doing EFT tapping. Took Alan Gordon’s Pain Recovery Class. Learning so much!

—-Update—-April 24, 2024

2 months in. I’m slowly doing the SEP on this wiki and learning things daily from all the great shares. It’s like TMS group therapy. I love it!

Added Dan Buglio daily videos and the DARE app. Journaling, journaling, journaling!

I’m becoming much more aware of triggers. More aware of my emotions in real time. Getting comfortable with discomfort as I try to do more and more while still having symptoms. Made the switch to thinking that life is fun. And starting to really have that come true! Gaining a little bit of physical strength.