1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
Annette K.
Last Activity:
Sep 1, 2021

Followers 1

Singer

Share This Page

Annette K.

New Member, Female, from Mainz, Germany

Sacroiliac joint disorder Aug 27, 2016

Annette K. was last seen:
Sep 1, 2021
  • My Story

Hi everyone

my name is Annette and I come from Germany. I have been struggling with pain in my lower back for the last 10 years and I am pretty sure it is TMS. I have been diagnosed with an instable sacroiliac joint (loose ligaments) and regular sacrum torsion. It feels like my pelvis is "twisted/blocked" and doesn`t move normally. Several osteopaths have told me that the right side and the left side of my pelvis move in the opposite direction and it gets stuck and that this causes my pain.

Since I am in a very difficult personal situation right now my tension and the pain have escalated and I have huge difficulties moving in daily life. I am totally stiff because I am afraid of nearly every movement.

Having to live alone after a very painfull breakup and being a freelance musician with little income adds some considerable pressure...

My question is: is this SI-joint-issue also a part of TMS? It isn`t mentioned in Dr. Sarno`s books so I am insecure about my diagnosis.

Anyway: the connection between emotional stress and increasing pain is very clear and countless physical treatments have only provided temporaray relief. There isn`t a cure for "ligament laxity", is there?

I would be most grateful for any piece of information which helps me to accept the TMS-diagnosis 100% and to finally convince myself that my back is fine.

Maybe someone amongst you has a similar story and has suceeded with the TMS approach?

One very interesting observation I have made: there has been a period in my life a few years ago when my back got better, and (surprise) I developed severe shoulder symptoms which lasted about a year. It seems that whenever I get pain in my shoulder my back is better and the other way around.

Also, I am very sure that my mother has TMS. She has been to countless doctors for the last 30 years, receiving treatments a couple of times per week, but in fact, none of the doctors could ever really tell what is wrong with her. Maybe TMS can be taken over from one of your parents...

I am looking forward to talk about our experiences with you!
    1. Hannah7
      Hannah7
      Hi I have the same exact pain you talk about. Have you gotten better??
    2. Annette K.
      Annette K.
      Sacroiliac joint disorder
  • My Story

Singer
    Diagnoses:
    Ligament laxity, Sacroiliac joint disorder, sacral torsion
    Hi everyone

my name is Annette and I come from Germany. I have been struggling with pain in my lower back for the last 10 years and I am pretty sure it is TMS. I have been diagnosed with an instable sacroiliac joint (loose ligaments) and regular sacrum torsion. It feels like my pelvis is "twisted/blocked" and doesn`t move normally. Several osteopaths have told me that the right side and the left side of my pelvis move in the opposite direction and it gets stuck and that this causes my pain.

Since I am in a very difficult personal situation right now my tension and the pain have escalated and I have huge difficulties moving in daily life. I am totally stiff because I am afraid of nearly every movement.

Having to live alone after a very painfull breakup and being a freelance musician with little income adds some considerable pressure...

My question is: is this SI-joint-issue also a part of TMS? It isn`t mentioned in Dr. Sarno`s books so I am insecure about my diagnosis.

Anyway: the connection between emotional stress and increasing pain is very clear and countless physical treatments have only provided temporaray relief. There isn`t a cure for "ligament laxity", is there?

I would be most grateful for any piece of information which helps me to accept the TMS-diagnosis 100% and to finally convince myself that my back is fine.

Maybe someone amongst you has a similar story and has suceeded with the TMS approach?

One very interesting observation I have made: there has been a period in my life a few years ago when my back got better, and (surprise) I developed severe shoulder symptoms which lasted about a year. It seems that whenever I get pain in my shoulder my back is better and the other way around.

Also, I am very sure that my mother has TMS. She has been to countless doctors for the last 30 years, receiving treatments a couple of times per week, but in fact, none of the doctors could ever really tell what is wrong with her. Maybe TMS can be taken over from one of your parents...

I am looking forward to talk about our experiences with you!