Recent content by kieran

  1. kieran

    Confused about how to view pain

    Thank you Andy. That actually helps me a lot and I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. Cheers.
  2. kieran

    Confused about how to view pain

    Hi. I feel confused. On one hand I appear to be reading or hearing that the pain is there to distract me from my buried emotions and I should try to ignore it or tell it that I know what it´s doing and the game is up. In a way I am being encouraged to regard the pain as my mind manifesting a...
  3. kieran

    Day 3 A walk in the park.

    I am Irish Walt. From Northern Ireland. I live in Spain because I am an English Language Teacher. I enjoyed my walk but you know the ache just wouldn't let go. It was a bit of a struggle.
  4. kieran

    Being OK with Anger?

    I have just this moment listened to the same thing. Wow!! For many years I have felt guilty about fantasising about how I wanted to slap and kill my now deceased mother for how she beat me as a child. I loved my parents but they were tired working people who had had too many children and didn´t...
  5. kieran

    Day 3 A walk in the park.

    Thank you Andy. Your reply meant a lot to me and I love your mountain photo! Kieran
  6. kieran

    Day 3 A walk in the park.

    Today I went for a long walk in the park. It was sunny and I felt good. I bought some walking shoes and a small rucksack in a sports store near the park as a motivational activity for myself. As I walked I noticed people jogging and thought about the few times I had tried it and enjoyed it. I...
  7. kieran

    Day 1 Day One

    Thank you Walt. I have put the 12 Daily Reminders into my Evernote on my phone and now try to remember to read them every day.
  8. kieran

    Day 2 commitment form question

    Hello ..probably very stupid question but on the commitment form regarding favourite activities ...is it okay to just put one activity? I´m not a very sporty person really, I just like walking and sometimes swimming but I don´t like going to the public baths so that kinda knocks that out for me...
  9. kieran

    Day 1 Day One

    Hi, this is my first day trying this programme. I read J. Sarno a few years ago and he helped me a lot. But I have been getting on with my life and I seem to have forgotten everything I read before ad now I am trying again after spending 2 weeks at home with lower back pain. I have great belief...
Back
Top