1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day One

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kieran, Dec 12, 2016.

1. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Hi, this is my first day trying this programme. I read J. Sarno a few years ago and he helped me a lot. But I have been getting on with my life and I seem to have forgotten everything I read before ad now I am trying again after spending 2 weeks at home with lower back pain. I have great belief in TMS but I also at times have to re-convince myself.
    I have to sit at work a lot as I am a free-lance teacher. I need to get back to work and I need to get back to TMS. I´m hopeful but also nervous of set-backs.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kieran. Try not to be worried about setbacks. I suggest you re-read Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders in his book Healing Back Pain. They are the bedrock of his TMS theory of emotions causing physical pain. I think that in journaling you will discover some emotions that have triggered the return of your symptoms. If you can, get back to freelance teaching, even in a small way. Keeping busy is very helpful in TMS healing.

3. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Thank you Walt. I have put the 12 Daily Reminders into my Evernote on my phone and now try to remember to read them every day.