1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 A walk in the park.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kieran, Dec 14, 2016.

1. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Today I went for a long walk in the park. It was sunny and I felt good. I bought some walking shoes and a small rucksack in a sports store near the park as a motivational activity for myself. As I walked I noticed people jogging and thought about the few times I had tried it and enjoyed it. I wondered if I could or should try again. By the time I came home my back was aching but I tried to tell it that I knew this was only TMS. The knowledge helped me a little but I still found the persistent ache a little depressing. I lay on my bed and after a few clicks I discovered the TMS Recovery Program and started reading it and listening to the audio samples. I had to stop after the SADNESS section as I started to cry and couldn't´t face looking at the ANGER ...but I will. I was and I am so incredibly grateful for this gift. I live in Spain and it is impossible for me to speak to anyone on a therapeutic level who would have the English language skills or the ability to openly accept TMS.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi kieran,

Thank you for your report. I am touched by your reception of the program. You are allowing yourself to be impacted.

Many people who engage this work, the Sarno approach, along with the programs on the Wiki --or your own personal way of allowing what "does not want to be felt"--have a great deal of personal growth along with the pain relief. I hope you give yourself time, and are patient with the process. Just to allow yourself to feel the sadness is truly enough for awhile. I don't think you need to push yourself. You have an intention to feel and know more, and this will happen. A love and appreciation for your life and your history will grow, a self-compassion.

Andy B

3. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Thank you Andy. Your reply meant a lot to me and I love your mountain photo!
    Kieran

4. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kieran. Your name sounds Irish. Why are you in Spain?

About jogging... maybe just a wee bit to start. But just walking is great progress toward healing.
    Enjoy walking. Mentally soak in your surroundings in the park.

kieran likes this.
  5. kieran

kieran Newcomer

I am Irish Walt. From Northern Ireland. I live in Spain because I am an English Language Teacher.
    I enjoyed my walk but you know the ache just wouldn't let go. It was a bit of a struggle.