1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 A walk in the park.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kieran, Dec 14, 2016.

1. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Today I went for a long walk in the park. It was sunny and I felt good. I bought some walking shoes and a small rucksack in a sports store near the park as a motivational activity for myself. As I walked I noticed people jogging and thought about the few times I had tried it and enjoyed it. I wondered if I could or should try again. By the time I came home my back was aching but I tried to tell it that I knew this was only TMS. The knowledge helped me a little but I still found the persistent ache a little depressing. I lay on my bed and after a few clicks I discovered the TMS Recovery Program and started reading it and listening to the audio samples. I had to stop after the SADNESS section as I started to cry and couldn't´t face looking at the ANGER ...but I will. I was and I am so incredibly grateful for this gift. I live in Spain and it is impossible for me to speak to anyone on a therapeutic level who would have the English language skills or the ability to openly accept TMS.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi kieran,

Thank you for your report. I am touched by your reception of the program. You are allowing yourself to be impacted.

Many people who engage this work, the Sarno approach, along with the programs on the Wiki --or your own personal way of allowing what "does not want to be felt"--have a great deal of personal growth along with the pain relief. I hope you give yourself time, and are patient with the process. Just to allow yourself to feel the sadness is truly enough for awhile. I don't think you need to push yourself. You have an intention to feel and know more, and this will happen. A love and appreciation for your life and your history will grow, a self-compassion.

Andy B

3. kieran

kieran Newcomer

Thank you Andy. Your reply meant a lot to me and I love your mountain photo!
    Kieran

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kieran. Your name sounds Irish. Why are you in Spain?

About jogging... maybe just a wee bit to start. But just walking is great progress toward healing.
    Enjoy walking. Mentally soak in your surroundings in the park.

kieran likes this.
  5. kieran

kieran Newcomer

I am Irish Walt. From Northern Ireland. I live in Spain because I am an English Language Teacher.
    I enjoyed my walk but you know the ache just wouldn't let go. It was a bit of a struggle.