Recent content by Jonie

  1. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    Thank you, Cactus flower.
  2. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    Thanks, BloodMoon. I'm not overweight. 5'3" and 120 pounds.
  3. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    Yes! I think this it it.
  4. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    I eat mostly plant based now. In the past I've been vegan for years, keto, fruitarian - tried lots. So yes, I think you're right about health or food anxiety. Now I'm experimenting. Mostly eating veggies, some fruit, eggs. I've been enjoying some toast, which I had been avoiding. Olive oil on...
  5. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    Thanks, Rabscuttle. I agree with you. I probably eat healthier than anyone I know, and have for decades. I don't eat sugar or honey or maple syrup or any of that stuff. I don't eat processed foods. I eat very little fruit and, as I said my blood sugar goes way up with any carbs. I weight train...
  6. Jonie

    cholesterol and blood sugar

    Hi, My body seems to be a "hyper responder" to cholesterol and carbs. I was eating high fat keto for a while and my cholesterol went up to over 450. For a few months I cut out red meat, butter, dairy and eggs. My cholesterol went down to 185. My A1c has been around 5.7, which is considered...
  7. Jonie

    supraventricular tachycardia

    Thank you! I'm wondering, as someone with a lot of experience with this stuff, do you believe svt is a mind body syndrome? Or do you think it should be treated medically (like with cauterization procedure)...
  8. Jonie

    supraventricular tachycardia

    Hi, Does anyone here know if supraventricular tachycardia, or SVT, is TMS related? It's when, seemingly out of nowhere, the heart starts beating very fast and maybe irregularly. It can be very scary and last for a couple of hours, sometimes ending up with an emergency room visit. Thanks!
  9. Jonie

    Hoffman process or POL

    Also Hoffman Process goes very fast, with little time for integration during the retreat. The person I spoke with liked both, but POL seems more trauma informed and is staffed by gifted therapists.
  10. Jonie

    Hoffman process or POL

    They both seem like great retreats. I spoke to someone who did both. Both get to very deep seated emotions. Hoffman process is more of a solo experience - going within and doing lots of guided meditations and following their agenda - a lot of getting in touch with anger. Path of Love is more...
  11. Jonie

    Hoffman process or POL

    Thank you for your replay, Eugene! After more research and talking with people of staff for both retreats, I've decided on The Path of Love retreat...It seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Also not cheap, but less than HP and a day longer.
  12. Jonie

    Hoffman process or POL

    Hi...has anyone here heard of or done the Hoffman Process or The Path of Love retreat? Both are week long retreats that apparently go deep into repressed emotions from childhood and are very cathartic. I'm considering doing one of them this summer and would love to know if anyone here has any...
  13. Jonie

    New Program Day 6: The Fear Matrix

    I appreciate your openness and transparency GShaw. It really is amazing how our minds look for opportunities to send fear signals! I can relate to having a lot of fear. Even as a kid I was obsessed with thinking about death and that was terrifying...I think I'll write in my journal about that...
Back
Top