1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

supraventricular tachycardia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jonie, May 1, 2021.

1. Jonie

Jonie New Member

Hi, Does anyone here know if supraventricular tachycardia, or SVT, is TMS related? It's when, seemingly out of nowhere, the heart starts beating very fast and maybe irregularly. It can be very scary and last for a couple of hours, sometimes ending up with an emergency room visit. Thanks!

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am working with a woman who has tachycardia on top of CRPS and severe fatigue. Once she recognized that her symptoms resulted from chronic stress and anxiety, she started meditating. Her symptoms are significantly down, and she feels optimistic she can beat them all.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Jonie

Jonie New Member

Thank you! I'm wondering, as someone with a lot of experience with this stuff, do you believe svt is a mind body syndrome? Or do you think it should be treated medically (like with cauterization procedure)...

4. TG957

I am not a doctor and I cannot speak to your specific medical diagnosis. But I can speak to the multiple evidence on this forum that people were able to successfully eliminate their heart rate problems by practicing mindfulness and meditation. I also know that our modern medicine zeroes in on one specific symptom and identifies it as a disease, without looking at the entire person and other symptoms.

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I think that if there was a serious heart issue, the doctors would most likely know and tell you. Since everything has been ruled out, TMS method and slow breathing would be helpful. Palpitations are usually an anxiety symptom.

TG957 likes this.
  6. Mind and body

Mind and body Newcomer

I also recently got diagnosed SVT. I totally believe it’s TMS. I would love some guidance.

7. TG957

Meditation. If you can get it to the continuous 1 hr session every day for a few months, you should see results.

But before concluding that it is tms, make sure that you don't have structural problems with your heart that may require medical attention.