1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hoffman process or POL

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jonie, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jonie

Jonie New Member

Hi...has anyone here heard of or done the Hoffman Process or The Path of Love retreat? Both are week long retreats that apparently go deep into repressed emotions from childhood and are very cathartic. I'm considering doing one of them this summer and would love to know if anyone here has any experience with either program. Thanks!

2. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

Hi Jonie. I read about the Hoffman Process in David Hascomes excellent book, which I think was called Back In Control, or something like that, although I might be totally wrong :)

I got a copy of their excellent magazine (it was free) and am seriously consider doing the week long retreat this fall. The only thing that is putting me off is the cost. I'm not working and it ain't cheap.

It looks very good though, and I certainly have a whole heap of stinking brown stuff that needs unrepressing. I just don't know whether one week will be long enough :)

3. Jonie

Jonie New Member

Thank you for your replay, Eugene! After more research and talking with people of staff for both retreats, I've decided on The Path of Love retreat...It seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Also not cheap, but less than HP and a day longer.

4. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

Excellent. Just had a look and it looks great. I'm sure it will be a great experience.

I think for me the Hoffman might be best as I have some deep seated issues I really need to work through, and I can't help but feel I don't even know what I will find once I unpeal those layers.

5. Jonie

Jonie New Member

They both seem like great retreats. I spoke to someone who did both. Both get to very deep seated emotions. Hoffman process is more of a solo experience - going within and doing lots of guided meditations and following their agenda - a lot of getting in touch with anger. Path of Love is more relational...dealing with deep seated emotional pain, rage, fear, etc. but within the context of very safe and loving people being right with you to process those emotions. The one I'm doing is predicted to have 40 participants and 38 staff!

6. Jonie

Jonie New Member

Also Hoffman Process goes very fast, with little time for integration during the retreat. The person I spoke with liked both, but POL seems more trauma informed and is staffed by gifted therapists.