Recent content by hopeful03

  1. H

    Symptom Imperative and Grief

    Thanks for your response Walt! I agree time will certainly help but it's just very fresh right now. Thankfully I have worked with a wonderful therapist I was introduced to through this forum and he was more than helpful when I reached out to him about this situation. I have been thinking about...
  2. H

    Symptom Imperative and Grief

    I’m having trouble overcoming the symptom imperative. I’m 25 years old, and medically/physically speaking my body and health are great. However, how I feel does not reflect the scans and tests I’ve had on my body. I’ve had TMS for 3 years, but I’ve only discovered it to be TMS last year. I’ve...
  3. H

    Excellent video about IBS

    Thanks for sharing this video. I watched a few of her other links and she talked about foods to eliminate. I've heard this same advice from others and honestly at this point, it seems like someone who suffers from IBS should just not eat anything. Although there is a list of food you can have...
  4. H

    Why does Physio help if the pain is psychosomatic?

    I have to point out one thing you said here "preventing atrophy from lack of use". This is a bit off topic but I am terrified of this very fact. While I do believe in TMS I do still have my doubts about structural issues. My story is a bit complex but basically I thought that I kept injuring my...
  5. H

    Day 4

    Marco, my Day 4 response is similar to yours, so I'm going to paste it in this thread. Please let me know your thoughts on this! I think everything that all the doctors and specialists have told me has added on to my frustration and lack of relief thus far. The fact is, no one actually found...
  6. H

    I desperately want to exercise...

    Thank you all so much for your responses and helpful advice! Christian - It's so nice and refreshing to know that you are able to run now. It truly gives me hope when I read successful stories like yours. Walt - Thank you for your support and encouraging words! Marco - I will try to always...
  7. H

    staying hopeful

    "The worst thing you can do is try to heal." I've seen several people quote you on this Steve, and mention to read your book the Great Pain Deception. I have read Dr. Sarno's books as well as a couple others that helped me with TMS and I was looking to read yours, but it wasn't available on...
  8. H

    I desperately want to exercise...

    I've been suffering from several TMS symptoms for nearly 2 years now. I used to be a fitness addict prior to my chronic pain, but I haven't been able to get back into the gym since. I've gone through a number of physical therapists, and eventually called it quits on that. I was making decent...
  9. H

    How do you deal with lack of support?

    Wow, thank you all for the responses and support! I will definitely take in each of your input and try to apply it to myself. You all have given me a little more hope, and I am super thankful for that! Good luck to all of you as well.
  10. H

    How do you deal with lack of support?

    I’m still working on my PPD issues and I am a firm believer in this work. I try not to let one factor bother me however, which could also be an issue as I repress these concerns. I have an issue with the people in my life who are not on board with my PPD/TMS work. Whenever I explain it to close...
  11. H

    Article on Sports, Anxiety & Depression

    Thank you so much! I will check it out :)
  12. H

    Article on Sports, Anxiety & Depression

    IrishSceptic, I could not relate more to your post! I am still not "healed" and I've got a way to go still, so it's reassuring to hear that your 80% better. I was an athlete as well and took on an intense fitness lifestyle after I stopped playing sports in college. (I stopped because I didn't...
Back
Top