Recent content by Crissyxox

  1. Crissyxox

    read something that concerned me

    I think tms is super tricky. It is different for everyone. I lived in constant tms symptoms for over a year. I now have it come and go but that's with ongoing tms therapy and constant fighting against it.
  2. Crissyxox

    Therapy

    Who are you talking to? I have had 16 sessions and I am not finding mind too repetitive. Sometimes it is but I clearly need to hear those things again!
  3. Crissyxox

    Another flare up and fear creeping back up

    If I understand Alan's philosophy, Preoccupation with the pain is perhaps the whole point of tms, not even the pain itself. Outcome independence is when you don't measure your success based on level of pain but on how well you self comfort etc. I too am experiencing what you are right now. I...
  4. Crissyxox

    Overcoming Pain (Back, hips, and neck)

    Incredible read. You have inspired me to keep going....
  5. Crissyxox

    90 days in

    Thank you for the kind words.
  6. Crissyxox

    90 days in

    Hi everyone. I'm about 90 days into tms treatment and I think this week I have had a serious breakthrough. I ve returned to work 3 weeks ago and have been functioning well but this week I have been experiencing some emotional discomfort. It wasn't until chatting with my very amazing tms...
  7. Crissyxox

    BREAKTHROUGH WITH FEAR.

    As we have discussed before, I too, found this approach very helpful. Medication was my first big step and has been very profound for me. Congratulations. I know you will experience the benefits you are hoping for.
  8. Crissyxox

    Alan G. TMS and PTSD

    Yes! I love how you framed that Dexy. Very powerful indeed.
  9. Crissyxox

    When you begin to think psychological and feel intense anxiety all day long....

    Ok. So I experienced this exact same thing in my first month. I have realized by talking to my tms therapist that the anxiety is just the brain trying even harder to trick you. My anxiety consequently is covering up a lot of sadness and anger. The brain just kicks things into high gear when you...
  10. Crissyxox

    Alan G. TMS and PTSD

    Awwww. Thanks Alan. Well a big part of building these strategies has been working with a tms therapist who is trained to help me recognize fight or flight/anxiety (which often tried to cover up emotion and maybe more importantly covering up my emotions with behaviours (smiling as a coping...
  11. Crissyxox

    Alan G. TMS and PTSD

    Yes. I agree entirely with Alan. My doctor who is unfamiliar with tms (but very receptive) connected it to PTSD. I guess that may be exactly what I am experiencing (as Alan describes it). Great discussion. I should add I'm getting better everyday. I'm developing a new way to retrain my body...
  12. Crissyxox

    Day 19 Being "proud" of something

    Hey laughalot. I wanted to share this really insightful and educational (learned a lot about myself) TED videos on Shame. It's interesting how vulnerability and shame are so closely intertwined. You owe it to yourself to watch these. Great for you for digging so deep. It's clear to me that you...
  13. Crissyxox

    Christmas Flare Up ? What happened to you/and Why or What do you think 'started it' ?

    I definitely had an increase in symptoms. The more uncomfortable I was around my family (deep repressed anger and years of emotional abuse) the more symptoms I got. While it sucks I am definitely reassured as it reinforces the tms diagnosis. Something that did alarm me though is how much I felt...
  14. Crissyxox

    Can hypermobility/loose ligaments constitute a structural problem that precludes a TMS root cause?

    Over a year ago now I was "diagnosed" with hypermobile ligaments and underwent prolotherapy. I then had imaging and it was re diagnosed as a herniated disc as well. The truth is the pain isn't coming from either diagnosis. My pain is caused by tms. I have developed a very powerful system of...
Back
Top