1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

You may notice some links popping up

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, folks,

There are some tremendous resources on our site, but most people who read the site don't know much about them. (This is particularly true for the lurkers who make up most of our 145,000 monthly pageviews.) Also, people on the forum naturally use jargon, which can be confusing for newcomers.

To help with this, for the last two years, I've been working on a system that will automatically add links to certain keywords in posts. These auto-links will look like this: ISTDP and campobello. These links direct people to helpful resources and explanations of jargon.

Part of the reason for all of the effort that has gone into this is that these links will also help our "search engine optimization," which helps fulfill the mission of the site: to reach new people and tell them about TMS.

You may have already noticed some of the links popping up, but I'm going to keep the number of links low and only use them to help people find hard-to-find resources. Newcomers will probably like them because they'll learn things when they click on them, but old-timers may want to ignore them, as they know most of the resources already. :)

Here are the complete list of keywords that get linkified: affirmations, breaking the pain cycle, campobello, chat, DVD, EFT, ISTDP, meditation, outcome independence, success stories, TMS coach, TMS recovery program. Note that "ISTDP" and "campobello" aren't linkified because they've already shown up on this page and only the first occurrence gets linkified.

I hope you find them helpful. Try clicking on the links. There's some pretty cool stuff hidden behind them!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

wow I need this for a blog I'm writing!
    will share here once more confident.

really neat idea and will enrich the content on this site.

Forest likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, IrishSkeptic, it's a project I've been very excited about for a while. :) I think it will make the site a much richer and more integrated resource, particularly for the newcomers.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  4. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

Yes having the links can help a newcomer stay with the site and increase our numbers. Every little extra feature helps. Thanks to Forest .welcomea

Forest likes this.