1. To receive notices when new "Overcoming TMS" days are posted, just sign up at this link. To view the days that have already been posted, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Writing with my non-dominant hand

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Beach-Girl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi all:

Well I finally tried this exercise and was totally amazed at the outcome. I zeroed in on my "inner-child" right away. The results were eye opening. I found at a very young age I could do nothing right or rather - didn't know what to do that was right. To my mother, I was always screwing up. I never knew what the rules were, and therefore was always in trouble, being yelled at, or simply ignored.

The writing came out something like: "I want to be loved but don't know how." It was a really great exercise and I urge those who are working through their program to try this. I was surprised that I was able to access Little Me so easily. I plan to try it again.

Of course I knew all this about my mom, just didn't realize it started when I was so young.

I have written before that my mother had wanted a boy instead of a girl and when I emerged my mom was "visibly disappointed" according to my dad. Lori has suggested I go back to that moment and I never have. I think I'll try that next. See if I can discern whether or not I knew this at birth. Had to! She never really liked me!

BG

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

I've heard about the non-dominant hand writing; I'll have to check it out as that's one thing I've not done

Wow on what you came up with.

Warm Hugs BG!!

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Thanks Lori:

You've been a great source of inspiration for me.

BG