1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Write to whom?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 49C2, Oct 25, 2019.

1. 49C2

49C2 New Member

So day 10 in the program asks you to write an unsent letter to someone who is causing you stress currently. I am having a hard time coming up with a person or persons causing me stress/anger. The only thing that has me stressed right now is my pain and the fact that I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old who don't understand that daddy is hurting today.

The second part is writing a person who you hide emotions from. I don't really hide emotions from anyone. ALL of my family has seen me cry, get mad and generally break down since getting injured. I have never had a problem telling anyone how they make me feel.

Day 10 has me feeling like I'm missing something or not doing this right.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

When you read the exercise, is there anyone that popped into your thoughts, that you immediately rejected as inappropriate/not relevant/unnecessary or for some other reason? That's who to write it to.

Mine was to my mother. Or you could write it to your kids and let 'em have it: all the normal irritations and frustrations and even rage that parents have about their kids and about having kids in general, all those things which are unacceptable to express openly. Write it all out. And then destroy it, because no one needs to read it, yourself included.

Nicole Sachs and Eddy Lindenstein both talk about the importance of being willing to admit to yourself that sometimes you wish you didn't have kids - even as you know that you can't imagine life without them. This is a significant dichotomy of the human condition that our primitive brains think needs to be repressed.

ssxl4000 likes this.