1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

With a little(huge) help from my friend(s)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ales, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Ales

Ales New Member

I had trouble with my back time to time since 1998. They told me it's normal and I excepted it but only now I see it's not normal to have back pain. It's not normal to have any pain. I did 30+ visits to chiropractor and bought a lot of back accesories. In march this year it hit me real bad. I barely walked, my left leg was getting tinner and it hurted like hell. I lost about 10 pounds. I was on the sick leave for about 2 months. I went to doctor, to 2 orthopedists, to MR, to EMG. I was diagnosed with herniated disk L4-L5,L5-S1. I couldn't sit, drive, walk, lift things,etc...I was practically doing absolutely nothing, ooh I was swallowing pain killers day after day, a lots of them.
    In June this year the pain suddenly eased on me for a few days. I didn't know then why but sure I was glad. Same time the book of John E Sarno "Healling back pain" came to me and I read it for the first time. Due to this book I canceled my additional visits with physiotherapist and orthopedist. It took a mountain of courage for me to do that.
    I found myself in actually every page of the book. And there is "but". The pain came back in my back, leg and hip, not as bad as before but I was still taking pain killers. The difference was that I began doing things despite of pain, working on farm, making woods, walking, thou with fear.
    Then I have found out and made e-mail contact with Steven Ozanich (mister and master, friend, you name it), described him my situation and he gave me words of encouragement and some useful tips such as:
    - accept, belive and know to have TMS
    - do what I like
    - relax
    - listen to music
    - thank every evening for things, people..
    - be more happy, joking
    - the case of abandonment
    - do nothing to heal my pain
    - talk to my mind
    - do things that I normally do, even the hardest (then the fear vanished)
    - look thru my conflicts
    - not to bother to be good to everybody or to look good for everybody
    - it's nothing wrong with my body or spine or leg or hip, etc..
    - herniated disc does not cause pain
    - throw away all implants for shoes, extra pillows, implants for car seats (I did burn them all)
    - etc.

The most helpfull tip for me was "Do nothing to heal my pain." It exploded through my body and mind. When Steve said(interview) how he slamed his foot on the ground, I did that too. And he talked about running(same interview), that day I began to run though limping. I also bought his book "The great pain deception"
    One August day there was a break down for me - in a positive way.It happened, it did. It's was a miracle to me. I was sitting all day at my job in all kind positions for nearly 8 hours, afterwards I went collecting hay with tractor for three hours and in the evening I went for regular run that I used to do it before and all that with little or no pain at all. You know, while I was running I did't know if I was crying or smiling due to immense happiness.Tears were actually dropping. There are some occasional light "pinching" and then I say: " I'm in some kind of stress, anxious or fear or anger, it's mental, etc....." It goes away.

I needed personal guidence. Thank you Steve

Thank you TMSWiki-girls and TMSWiki-guys because I have found a lot of usefull tips such as jurnaling, coping with my darker side, thoughts, etc. on TMSWiki.

There is a way out.

Ales

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on your success, and thank you so much for sharing your story. It is truly inspirational. The do nothing to heal your pain is a great tip, and something that we cannot hear enough. For so long we have been told that we have a problem, and we can't do X because it will cause us harm. Internalizing that we do not have to heal our pain, because we do not have a physical problem plays a huge role in recovering.

It is great to see the progress you have made.

PKat likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is an awesome story Ales,
    I remember talking to Forest and BruceMC
    last night after the show.
    We were talking about how the pain will start to dissipate
    from the brain down To the neck , shoulder, back and knee.

Then I remembered that I hadn't thought about a neck pain that had haunted
    me for years leading up to my tms recovery-
    I actually did nothing for the recovery of the neck pain.
    I just never thought about it till BruceMC mentioned the flow down.

It was an uh-huh moment indeed to know that I haven't even been
    bothered by the neck pain for over a year.
    I didn't do anything to heal it besides not think of it
    It was an uh-huh moment, who would have known.
    There's always the mind showing us how strong our light truly is...

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve is such a great guy and offers the best advice on TMS.
    I'm so glad you got relief from his list of do's and don'ts.

I try my best to stay away from doctors, dentists, sports therapists,
    and vampires.

PKat likes this.
  5. nancy

nancy Well known member

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

You are a true champion, I believe In you! Could use all the help you have to
    to offer! Nancy D. I love all your encougement.This is what I have to believe
    in and then there's nothing after that. Loving you, Nancy

7. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

I know this is an older post, but I'm curious about this "flow down" that was mentioned. Can someone elaborate?

I'm new here, so please excuse my lateness!

8. nancy

nancy Well known member

Your post has been so helpful to me, I thank you so much. I have read it
    over and over today, I cannot elaborate on it enough. Please keep in touch.
    With much Love, Nancy

9. Ales

Ales New Member

Thank you girls and guys for you kind words. You are treasures. Steven Ozanich once said to me we are fraternity. Indeed we are.
    I found another video of dr.Sarno's lecture

10. Iwilldeadlift

Iwilldeadlift New Member

Wow thanks for this post!!! I love it