1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Willing to try.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LetGo, Jul 13, 2019.

1. LetGo

LetGo New Member

I know I have repressed and not-so-repressed emotions that affect back pain and post herpetic nerve pain from a shingles outbreak more than a year ago. I would almost say I am "addicted" to my chiropractor, acupuncturist, physical therapist, and endless supplements I swallow daily. I'm afraid to stop them because I might get worse, although I see no great improvement except the temporary relief that comes from weekly appointments. This is not the life I envisioned. So . . . I am willing to try this approach. I would like to free myself from fear, tension, and the cost of what I do now.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...I slowly gave up on about 8 different supplements, as well as a host of other "practices" used to minimize the effects of my chronic fatigue syndrome. Going slow worked for me. Stopping cold turkey just gives your brain an excuse to make something hurt. Another strategy I used...I took advantage of times when I felt worse to cut back or elimiate stuff. For example, I was taking a drug for IBS that I was trying to cut back. One week, despite taking the usual dosage and not eating anything unusual, I got horrible bloating and pains that lasted for days. So, I threw the drug out since it obviously was not working anyway. That made it mentally less scary.

If you stick to the program, I think you will slowly lose your connection to treatments and symptoms. I have grown much less concerned with everything going on as I've slowly come to accept it doesn't really matter what I eat, what I take, or how much energy I expend. Good luck!

JanAtheCPA likes this.