1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Who wants to video chat about our pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Elijah Lynn, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
?

Would you be interested in a live video chat on regular basis?

1. Yes, no recording

12.5%
  2. Yes, recording is fine

87.5%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Elijah Lynn

Elijah Lynn Peer Supporter

Hey everyone,

Relatively new to everything here. Been in various modes of pain and fear of excercising for about 10-15 years now (a bit blurry, crept up on me). I see a lot of discussion here which is great. I am wondering if anyone would like to do a group video chat, so we can talk like in real life about this, I find that real life or video conversations can be much more effective and transfer emotions much better, ultimately leading to more hope, which is what every needs for this to be successful.

Is anyone up for doing a video chat? If so please post here and also please post if you would be open to doing a recording of it (YouTube Live/Hangout on Air) so it could be shared here to help others.

If there is any/enough interest we can do a non-recorded one and hopefully a recorded one. So two versions for whatever people feel comfortable with.

For what it's worth, I have had really good success with Alan Gordon's 21 day program so far. Still in pain (big reduction though), but the fear is gone and I am exercising and doing things I wouldn't have tried previously.

Let's talk!

Marinedad likes this.
  2. Elijah Lynn

Argh, the perfectionist in me (probably most of us too!) is really wanting to edit my title and correct "want's" (no apostrohpe). Please fix if you are a moderator and see this.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Elijah,
    Yes, this might be fun for me. Keep me posted!
    Andy B

4. Elijah Lynn

Nice Andy, I'll post something soon but in the meantime, since you are the only one who replied so far, would a certain date and time work for you? We can just schedule something and let others join if it fits their schedule. After 3pm PT _usually_ works for me and most weekends.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. Rickyb

Rickyb Newcomer

I'm retired so I can be on just about anytime. I've had back pain for 20 years now and recently have tried some procedures using neurostimulation. Right now I have more pain from the incision site than I do in my lumbar. Just started reading up on TMS. And never before thought this much pain could come from any other place then the location of it! I'm looking to talk with others about how to begin or research TMS and what to do on the subject.
    Rick
    https://www.facebook.com/itsmerickb (Rick Bell)

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Elijah,

How do you suggest we connect with you from our end? I am not familiar with Utube Live or have an account. Would prefer to make this simple, and can "video in" with a skype account. I am also Pacific time and prefer evenings.

7. Rickyb

Rickyb Newcomer

We can use zoom.us which is free service. One person controls the meeting by sending a link for all others to join. You download zoom.us and sign up, ,and then that's it. Leave an email to receive the link to join the meeting and that's it.
    And we can get on facebook and actually friend one another so we can leave instant message in chat. Lots of ways to connect these days. I've used zoom many times and it works well. It can also record. Skype however I think to have a group meeting above two people one would have to subscribe and pay them so it can be done. It is free only to skype with two at once. I think.

8. Elijah Lynn

I am down with trying out Zoom. I was initially thinking Hangous on Air (records directly to YouTube for sharing easily) but every participant needs a Google account for that. Zoom is limited to 40 minute sessions though on the free account, although I could upgrade to the paid plan...which includes cloud recording storage too.

9. Elijah Lynn

I keep reading again and again about group therapy sessions in Sarno's books so I am thinking of starting something around that but I have done weekly teleconferences before and having a rigid schedule is not for me. So, I am thinking of just posting a time that works for me right now so I don't create too much stress for myself ;).

10. Elijah Lynn

readytoheal likes this.
  11. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

This sounds interesting! I will try to join in!

12. Elijah Lynn