1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What season do you mostly like? Summer or Spring?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mugwump, Mar 19, 2021.

1. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

We people have different perspectives. If you ask me, I like the Summer season more than the Spring season because I love the temperature, the vibes that summer brings to me. How about you? Do you like Summer or Spring?

2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

3. Solange

Solange Well known member

Hi Mugwump, your post caught my fancy today so.....I love that first moment of unexpected warm sunshine on my face in spring that tells me winter is going. I love looking at the trees one morning and suddenly discovering they are covered in fat green leaf buds and the birds are darting about with twigs and leaves in their beaks getting on with the serious business of nest building. I feel cheerful when I see the spring crocuses and daffodils spearing up through the earth and providing a sea of purples and yellows. I like to see people gradually emerging from their winter cocoons of coats and scarves, gloves and hats and wearing brighter, hopeful colours. I love all those things and so many more about spring especially that sense of renewal and that kind of crisp zap in the air that makes me feel I could run forever and a day, toss mountains aside and achieve anything I want. Yes, I love all of that but I love summer even more. Those heat heavy summer days when I can sit in my garden smelling the cut grass and listening to the bumble of the bees in the lavender bushes. The crash of waves at the seaside, the sparkle of sun on the water, the sifting of the warm sand between my toes, the letting myself drift into a doze on a sun-lounger, a colourful ice-lolly and a floppy straw hat. Perfection! Walking outside early in the cool through the woods when nobody else is around and being enveloped by the stillness to emerge right outside a favourite 'in the woods cafe' where they are setting up for the day, grabbing a takeaway coffee, stroking the cafes adopted stray cat and feeling her warm fur before strolling home. Children reverting to old games of hopscotch on the pavements, French -skipping and water pistols. Toddlers in shorts with chubby, stubby legs and old men with a panama or knotted handkerchief covering a bald spot. Sunshine filtering through the trees in the park and panting dogs lolloping along to plunge belly deep into the river. I love it all and I can't wait!

oneperson, Lizzy and Sita like this.
  4. Sita

Sita Well known member

I love both, that's why I moved to Southern California. Basically here there are only two seasons, a sort of spring/fall and summer. Many things I don't like here but the weather is perfect. Can't complain about it.

5. oneperson

oneperson Peer Supporter

Ahhh...
    This was such a delight to read...
    I could scent the scents and hear the hears and feel the feels...

Thank you @Solange ... :)

BloodMoon likes this.
  6. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I like spring and autumn, for the generally mild and moderate temperatures at those times of the year (albeit I like the crisp, cold nip in the air that we sometimes get, especially in the autumn)...and for the the colours -- of the crocuses, tulips, daffodils and delicate primroses in the springtime and the riot of red and golden colours of the trees in the autumn months. I live in England in the UK though -- and that often means that we experience all four seasons in one day!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    oneperson likes this.
  7. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I so agree! You should be a writer @Solange, if you aren't already one! :)

oneperson likes this.
  8. Nyoibo

Nyoibo New Member

I am in a hot valley most of the year and the summer is long and brutal. In the winter the average temperature is about 50 Fahrenheit and pretty much perfect for me. I plan on moving once my boyfriend graduates college but the winters here are so wonderful.