1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Waking up Pain-free for 6 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Tassie Devil, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

Although I finished the SEP towards the end of March, I have continued to work on all I've learned during that time. My story isn't as serious or debilitating as many on this forum, I had suffered from chronic knee pain during the night which woke me and kept me awake for almost 16 months. We all know the moves that I took, the tests, x-rays, scans, modalities, don't exercise, do this particular stretch/exercise/movement, pills and rubs so I won't elaborate.

I used to go to bed each night in a positive frame of mind, never outwardly worrying about what the night would bring, but it was relentless. I came across this forum when something my doctor thought I might be suffering from was "googled" and during the process the TMS information came forth. I couldn't believe how Dr. Sarno knew so much about me with everything he stated, so it was as if his book was written just for me and I lapped it up. I then did the SEP and followed many postings on this forum. Six nights ago, following a trip to the loo, I returned to bed and just vaguely felt nothing. I was settling back for sleep and realised I actually DIDN'T feel anything at all. I lay there smiling in the dark, and refused to go back to sleep. I'm not a good sleeper at the best of times, so that bit was easy. I haven't had any further knee pain since. After a couple of days I had a dreadful tension headache, but that too has left the building. I'm so very impressed and my doctor has now looked at all the information on TMS and when I bumped into him in the corridor yesterday after having had my flu vaccination, I told him that I was pain-free and he totally accepted my findings and was very interested.

Learning about myself has been such a revelation, so too has been the altered mind/body thinking and journalling, reading success stories, receiving so much support and giving myself permission now to ask myself continuously "how are you today? What are you feeling right now?" Many thanks for this journey - not over yet as I know it can return - and I have no wish to break away from this forum for a long time to come.

Ines, Boston Redsox, Misha and 2 others like this.
  2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

How wonderful that you're pain-free! Thank you for sharing your story. ^_^

3. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging success story with the forum audience! All the best ahead for you!

4. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story and how great that your doctor was interested in learning about how you did it :)

5. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

So glad you are pain free. Thanks for sharing your story.

6. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

Hi, thank you for sharing your story. So did the knee pain go away during the day after you got up?

Tassie Devil likes this.
  7. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

I am very happy to report the knee pain has never made another return. In the meantime, each time I have any new pain anywhere that can't be explained physically, I return to my books and this forum. I am never very far from the best help I have ever received. I wish you similar success and the sure knowledge that you will get all the help and support and hopefully a pain-free state this year! Happy New Year to you kk.

8. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

Hi Tassie, thank you for your reply. I meant while you still had knee pain during the night. Did it flare at night but then go away once you got up and moving around?