1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Visualization

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by subtlecollision2, Oct 12, 2021.

1. subtlecollision2

subtlecollision2 Peer Supporter

Has anyone had luck with visualization as a complement to TMS work? It's never seemed to work for me really.

Just wondering what y'all think!

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

I used it in the past. To calm down mentally. When I was in severe pain (lower back pain) but had to drive...I would take 5 min just before leaving the house...to sit in the meditation posture and do a visualization exercise. You breathe in and out and visualize yourself being in the most secure, happy, serene place that you prefer. Might be a garden, or a room, or near a lake, or anything like that. You ARE there for a few minutes. Breathing in and out. You see yourself there, smell the grass or flowers, see the sky, feel the wind etc. Then I would get up and go out the door and drive in a more calm state of mind with less pain in the body. It worked for me every single time.

I never thought to do or not do this exercise, I just did it. If you start thinking about it, you might find excuses not do do it. Better to just start doing it and then see the results.

A psychotherapist helped me with this method. We practiced in her office twice so that I understood the concept and then was able to practice at home, alone. I truly recommend you give it a try.

Take care.

BloodMoon and hawaii_five0 like this.