1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, May 30, 2015.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

The SEP has been great for me so far. The physical pain was actually worse the past 5 days than it usually is. I remain hopeful though, that my unconscious mind is putting up a final fight as I'm attempting to address the emotional issues that led to my TMS. I've been listening to Sarno's audiobook on my drive to and from work this week. I'm beginning to see what conditioned responses I have that lead to pain and fear. I always fear that the pain will be worse on work days, and not surprisingly, it is!

The journaling has been helpful, especially the unsent letters. I've been able to talk to my loved ones about my treatment, and they have been encouraging to me, even if they don't totally understand TMS.

- Matt

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Matt. I'm glad the SEP is working for you. You're probably right that your unconscious mind is upping the pain because it is getting convinced
    you are healing through belief in TMS. It has done that for me and a lot of others, as Dr. Sarno says it does.

Keep working on those conditioned responses, worrying or fearing that doing some things bring on pain.

Pain can be worse on work days because of workplace stresses. I always felt better and relaxed more on weekends.

Aren 't unsent letters great?

And I'm glad your loved ones are accepting that your pain is from TMS. They don't have to understand it. Don't even expect them to.
    That isn't necessary for your healing.