1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Update on A Life Set Free...

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by birdsetfree, May 29, 2016.

1. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Just wanted to share my latest successes with you all to encourage anyone who may need it.

My husband's parents lived overseas so we have tried to visit them at least once a year. Usually I would pay for a business class seat so that I would have a flat bed to lie on, as my back pain was intolerable to sit that long (3 hrs). It would be a lonely demoralising trip over, and once there I would have to take the rest of the day and sometimes even the next day to recover which mainly involved lying down. We would then be restricted to very short visits to his parents (no longer than 1 hr, and I would end up lying on the floor once the pain got too bad) and takeaways or room service wherever we were staying and not much else. Then a carefully timed trip back home so I wasn't waiting too long at the airport till I could get on a flatbed on the plane again. These were our family holidays each year. Anything more than this was out.

Well I just got back from our trip after a week away. This time I travelled with my family on economy.....3 hrs! First time in 15 years! We did everything we wanted to including a trip to Hobbiton (a 2 hr car ride away plus a 2 hour tour), 8-9 hour days out of the house, restaurants and family visits. I travelled back economy 3hrs 30m (theres a headwind on the way back). I had peaks of pain especially on the way back but I just stayed calm, confident in my TMS tools and allowing my mind and body to 'let go' of all the tension/trauma of the last 15 years and give myself the love I hadn't before.

This really does feel like a miracle to me. My family are ecstatic for me. Truly amazing.

shmps, Ines, intense50 and 1 other person like this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on your success! Wow!

birdsetfree likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful report birdsetfree!! Always good to post something like this...

birdsetfree likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I'm SO happy for you, bird! I felt as if I got my life back after working through the SEP, and it sounds like you're enjoying a similar success.
    Isn't it amazing? Life can be experienced on a whole new level when you're pain free.
    dancea

birdsetfree likes this.
  5. Ines

Ines Well known member

That is so amazing! Thanks for sharing!