1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding Pain Video

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Forest, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I just came across this video and thought I would share it with everyone. It doesn't really mention TMS outright but does talk about the role of our mind in creating pain. One interesting thing I found in it was that it differed from acute pain and chronic pain. It actually mentioned reviewing our past and see if we were going through a stressful time when our symptoms started. There are a lot of connections to TMS in it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    brianleejackson likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

loved it!

3. dabatross

dabatross Well known member

this is a really good video. not only at the drawings really cool and good but it shows exactly what mind body syndrome is. thanks for posting this forest

4. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Yeah, I really like this video. I showed it to my wife and she liked it also.

5. marjrc

marjrc New Member

I love this and will share. Makes so much sense. :)

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this video. I had to bump it up. What does everyone else at the community think of it?

Forest likes this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

This was just fabulous! Thanks, Forest!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. Msunn

Msunn Well known member

Thanks Forest. Very well done. Lots of mindbody connections in the video.

9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

All of the credit indeed goes to @Eric "Herbie" Watson!
    He has been doing a terrific job of finding some wonderful old threads and restarting them. I really appreciate it.

As time progresses, we will have a system called tagging that will help people discover our best old threads. There is so much terrific content on our forum, but the challenge is finding the best threads that overlap with one's personal interests. Tags will help help us make lists of what we think are the best threads on specific topics, like the one that I made on Nicole Sachs:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/tags/nicole j. sachs lcsw/
    Alternatively, people could simply use tags to make lists of their favorite threads. Herbie has been a tremendous help with tagging, and, while I hope haven't talked to him yet, I think it would be terrific if he would consider making a list of his favorite threads using a tag like "Herbie's favorite threads." He knows this forum better than anyone at this point, so I think that he would be the perfect one to do it. We could make an official tag for the list, which would help people find it.

From a strategic point of view for the nonprofit, if we are ever to grow to the point where we can hire staff, it will be crucial for us to reach new people. Tags will be crucial for this because Google loves tags because of two concepts called PageRank (colloquially known as "Google Juice") and Anchor Text. We can't help people unless they can find us, and tags should help people find us on Google.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  10. North Star

Forest, my mind staggers at the labor of love you and Herbie (and I know there are others but I think you fellows are the champions here) pour out to make this forum the great resource that it is. I've built websites on a very basic level before for our businesses and it just makes my eyes cross and throw heavy objects at my computer.

Thank you once again.

11. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

What a brilliant video. A great way to introduce people to the concept of TMS. It makes it sound less new age and more common sense. I've often thought TMS is the nervous breakdown my ego wouldn't let me have.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

12. North Star

Mermaid, your comment made me laugh! I read it to my hubby and said told him this is what I was experiencing. (The nervous breakdown thing….) It's so accurate.

13. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Perfect timing because I was looking for this exact video unsuccessfully just last Saturday!!!

14. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Very nice video. More and more people are embracing the Mind body connection.

Its interesting to see how our food habits can affect the sensitivity of the nervous system.

kevinmichael likes this.
  15. dancerwannabe

dancerwannabe Newcomer

This video's no longer available :(

16. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Love this video. Here is the link again

Daria likes this.
  17. Daria

Daria Newcomer

I have had chronic pain for more than 7 1/2 years. Before the pain, I was very active, exercising for at least three hours every day, but when this TMS started, I stopped-not because I was afraid to, but because I found that I hurt MORE when I exercised. After being in this program of self-education for almost 10 weeks now, I still find it painful to exercise, although I've been actively exercising again for 9 months. It's a little easier to exercise since beginning this program, but I find that I haven't progressed as much as I should have. Although I understand that "should" statements are not helpful, I feel somewhat discouraged at not being able to exercise more than about 30 minutes a day. I just keep "plugging along" though, but I'm disappointed at not yet being able to hike, bike or swim, for example, with out being in a lot of pain, even if I do these things for only a few minutes at a time. I'd like to practice Yoga again too, but find that I can't achieve some of the simplest poses, which I found easy before. I need some encouragement. I want to keep up with my friends, but can't even go shopping without getting tired. After all this time, I'd like to be able to do lots more, and wonder if I ever will be able to do these things and have fun ever again!