1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tried to kill myself after so long in pain...still here and worse off.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by had, May 15, 2020.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

You don’t sound like a death fetishist. You sound like person who has been through the circles of hell and just wants it to stop. This is enough.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Dear @plum and @miffybunny , I just read this beautiful post from @plum about caregivers and could not help it but reply. Life dealt you the hardest of the cards, and you both handle it with grace, courage and strength. Sending you my love.
    TG

HattieNC, plum and miffybunny like this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Plum and TG957 for your kind words!! Being a caretaker can be relentless and challenging but I'm very lucky that my son also brings me a lot of joy! My son is loving and super affectionate so that part is wonderful! Plum you made me laugh with your Eckart comment lol! I just get annoyed with him because he has no kids and no responsibilities that I can see other than to his disciples who hang on his every word haha! Viktor Frankl has my infinite respect for having endured 4 concentration camps and having his whole family killed. It's safe to say he knew about suffering and responsibility...even to the memory of the dead.

Although it's not for me to judge a person's choices, what I will say is that when it comes to TMS and chronic pain there IS a way out. It is not hopeless by any means. I wouldn't still be on this site if I didn't believe that to the depths of my being.

plum likes this.
  4. westb

westb Well known member

Haven't been around here for a while, but here I am and I needed to read this post. Thank you so much for it. The lockdown has thrown me in on myself which has brought up a lot of childhood stuff that I thought I'd worked through on my TMS journey. I'm retired and I live alone and normally, as an introvert, I actively welcome and relish my own company in order to recharge, but the isolation is starting to become oppressive. It has given me time though to dig deeper into certain feelings and traumas that happened in my childhood, or more accurately they have simply risen to the surface of my consciousness. Your suggestion of praying for the people who made me suffer is not new to me - I've heard it in 12th step meetings - but I find it so very challenging and have always balked at the very idea before. Maybe it's the right thing to start doing now.

Kittyruns, Sita and plum like this.