1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Robbins - The Swish Pattern

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Very helpful. Thanks, Herbie. I'm going to try this on a fear I have.

Forest likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's terrific, Ellen. Let us know how it goes.

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Erik, thanks for posting this. I am working on breaking a habit I have which I believe
    would help with my tms by giving more self esteem and have an all around positive
    effect on my emotional health. Trying it now after watching the video twice. Will let
    you know if I succeed! Your a terrific guy.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes Ellen and nancy. Make sure you do exactly the way he has it laid out. Its really very simple the way he shows in his video. If id had that video years ago I would have known it then but reading about it wasn't showing me what I needed to know. I just found this video yesterday and I think Robbinns lays it out better than anyone.

The trick is to use your imaginative memory like he says and do it the amount of times he says too -- like the part where he says do it again, now do it again and again and again and again. Here he is changing your fear into something that wont bother you anymore and you will experience a reconsolidation process -- which will rid you of any fear you have.

The reconsolidation process is just the broad psychological term for what he shows and its also in other power therapies. Don't think about that word and get confused ok -- it has no significance on your experience to loose the fear ok. Although knowing the name of the process in general psychological terms can exercise your brain and let the neuroplasity of your brain grow muscles. :)

I tried to explain it in my video -- but my video has some more steps. I had to refine my own teaching on the subject. Tony Robbins is a Master teacher and makes the teaching so plain how to do it with scenarios and step by step instructions.

I have used this techniques not just for nails but any fear you can think of and every bad unneeded negative memory I could think of. Cause when you can turn your fears into your adventures. Your healing and I dont care who does or how its explained as long as you do it and then find out it really does work, it will make a huge impact on your abilities to take over bad trais also.

I took the swish and added it to everything of my life. I changed so much with it I knew what the process of reconsolidation change was then.:)

Knowing the word reconsolidation really doesn't matter less your about to go to psychology school like I am and I'll probably have some test on it since. I wont let my professor forget this new Power Therapy that has hit all the Power Therapies like a wrecking ball knocking down boundaries that were only hoped for in the past.

Its about freedom from negative traits and any other triviality you can think of then why wouldn't we all get excellent at it and excited about it.:)

If you Ellen or nancy need a little phone advice cause you might not be doing it right then I'm always here as your friend. I know both of you are my friends and you would do the same for me. Have a great time with it and knock out all your fears with it -- that's what I did. Thanks

Let me know how it works for you ok. It changed my life

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thanks again buddy, I worked on the swish quite a bit today and kept referring back to the
    video. I know I can emotionally feel what I wish for, going to keep it up and will keep in touch
    and let you know when I'm doing cartwheels again! I got really scared tonight after reading a
    few posts. How difficult was your pain on a scale of 1-10? It seems most others have soreness
    and my pain is extreme at times. I started what I do best and that's worrying, trying to convince
    myself that I have RSD. I am calmer now and back to the Swish. I may need that call that you
    so kindly offered. God Bless You and Yours, Nancy

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Keep in touch Nancy, just hit me up when you need to talk ok.

Bless You

8. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie,
    One question on using the Swish--how close to the encounter with the fear/phobia should I do the process? I want to use it on a specific fear/phobia, but it will be over a month before I will encounter this fear to test it out. Should I wait to work on it till closer to the time I will need to test it?

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Ellen you can do it now and when you do whatever the fear is -- it wont be anymore. You can do it now and right before you do your adventure. You see in the video how hes showing you to do the swish over and over. Thats the most important part. Have you done it 7 times yet.

Loose a fear now if you see it ok. Anyone that doesn't see it you can still swish it with another style. If you can imagine what it looks like then the swish is simple. If you only hear it then hear it first and then feel it -- then look up and you will see it.

If you only feel it. Then listen for the memory or fear and then see if you can hear it then look up to see it. Get the sequence?

Side to side of view with eyes open for sound. Up for pictures and down for feelings.
    If you'd like to know nancy or Ellen just let me know ok. I think this explains it though.

Oh and guys if this sounds harder than Tony Robbins which I think it does. Just watch Tony, for real -- over and over then you will get it anyway ok.
    If your ready now i could probably tell you if you missed anything.

Thanks

PS - yes nancy just whenever your ready:)

Ellen likes this.
  10. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for this post Herbie. You described swishing in your book, but seeing this is very powerful. I got my husband over to participate and he got so carried away he almost knocked me out with his swishing LOL!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you Folly Colly:), That is an awesome way to get those nagging thoughts right out of your head and out of your body. I use it everyday, when something bothers me (I will swish it away). See here's the concept, if we were to go to a scary movie and we didn't like what we saw and never wanted to see it again then we would go back and watch it over and over would we but that is exactly what most people do when they have those nagging memories going over and over in their head. So just swish it and let it go that way, a great way to let almost any negative emtion go also. See our emtions are tied in with out thoughts ya know ..... Bless you my friend. :)

Colly likes this.