1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Success Story: RSI Elbow, wrist, hand, finger, back pain, etc

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Jawarrior1, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

Hey guys, I made a video about my TMS Journey and the effectiveness of John Sarno's work.

My symptoms were:
    -Plantar fasciitis
    -Back pain
    -Left shoulder pain
    -Neck pain
    -Jaw pain
    -Insomnia
    -Elbow, wrist, hand RSI

I had a bad case where I could not use a PC as a university student. My grades were affected as well as my muscle mass. No mouse/keyboard use. After discovering TMS, journaling and consuming success stories all the above is gone, except Plantar fasciitis. Its still there but its 90% gone.

I did not feel comfortable making a video until I knew for certain it was not a placebo effect. It has been 5 months without pain so yea.

Ignore the thumbnail, its a bit clickbait-like, enjoy the video!

LoveAfterAll and tmstraveler like this.
  2. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

Congratulations on your recovery! Really impressive and thanks for coming here to share. I’m finally starting to focus more on the emotional work/journaling.

I deal with pretty bad pain a lot of the time and struggle with the “not caring” element of it. I mean, I try, but it’s hard when it comes on strong (because duh, it effing hurts). How important was that element of TMS recovery to your journey?

Were you actively practicing indifference to pain or was it more about doing the emotional work?

Just curious. I mean, you have to know it’s TMS of course, and not catastrophize, but I guess I’m hoping I can purge some of this emotional energy and bring down the pain so it gets easier to ignore it.

3. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

So so, for me I read The MindBody Prescription. But hold on. I had spent a whole year getting MRIs/Xrays, physical therapy occupational rehab, seeing a functional medicine doctor, eating healthy and such. My physical therapist, PCP and Functional Medicine doctor told me I should be healed up by now and there is definitely something else going on but he did not know what. Other people told me they were going the same routes I was(lyme disease, food sensitivities, Electro-Magnetic Radiation, mold, toxic load, auto-immune) and that they were missing something(these were highly competent people).

At that point I met SilentWolf444 online. My mind was setup for TMS at that point. So, I was in bed-ridden pain and had Dr. Sarnos book in my hands. I read it and it says "resume all activities", "have faith that it is simply unconscious emotion/TMS", push and do emotional work.

For 2-3 weeks I pushed through all my pain in faith that the pain would go away. It hurt like crazy using a PC, walking and doing yard work. I was journaling, according to Nichole Sachs methods, and the pain slowly went away. Most of it was in the 1st month, there were breakthrough spurts of pain going away in journaling that were totally unexpected. Journaling Nicole Sachs way can really extract your true unconscious emotion in my opinion and it was hard to accept how I truly felt about things. Accepting how I truly felt about things was the toughest part of emotional work for me as it wasn't biblical(which is important to me).

So to answer your question it was; faith in TMS + emotional work + success stories + assurance by doctors there was nothing wrong with me. I am still trying to get through that last 10% though. A podiatrist told me I had high arches and I would always be in pain, that is very likely why I am having trouble with this last 10%. That stinky podiatrist...

Also, I still avoid traditional barbell deadlifting/squats as a physical therapist told me it would be unhealthy with my body proportions. But I do a lot of other weight lifting(which was impossible before)

I hope that helps.

LoveAfterAll and tmstraveler like this.
  4. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

It does. You should be extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished. I’m really glad you have your life back!