1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tingling everywhere and back/hip/shoulder pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by zzeet, May 2, 2021.

1. zzeet

zzeet Newcomer

Hey guys,

im really open to the idea that my pain´s origin is psychological / mind. But it is really hard to be certain and believe it 100 percent. For example i get tingling only in certain movements (sitting on the toilet, crossing legs, rasing my arms, doing bicep curls) but i also have sensation issues when sitting in my feet and but area (kinda tingling). But some days its also a lot better than others. Also i am limping for 2 years (when i started focusing more and more on my body, everything got kinda worse).. Also the limp is different from day to day.

I started psychological therapy because i got really depressed from the pain and tingling. My therapeuth says it could be very possible its psychosomatic.

But i wonder why i get pains/tingling only in certain positions. It feels like something with my nervesystem is damaged or my nerves are getting blokced when doing certain movements.

I want to know if there are any diseases one should get checked so its easier to bleieve 100 percent the origin lies in tms/mind/psychosomatics.

And could someone explain me how only certain movements trigger tingling and backpain when infact everything is "normal".

Thanks in advance guys, your success stories give me hope. Any advice is appreciated..

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Zzeet,

Welcome!

As someone with sciatica in both legs (yes, both legs) who limped for many months, I fully understand what you are going through.

I had the tingling feeling in my legs and feet but also arms and hands and all kinds of places.

Add those to pain in my back, neck, shoulder, and knees you what do you get? Complete disability.

My reaction to TMS was very much like yours. But that’s the only thing that explained my symptoms, pattern of pain, and answered all my questions. The questions that my doctors had no answers for,

The good news is that once I combined Dr. Sarno’s protocol with techniques used by Olympic athletes for peak performance I recovered very quickly.

In this interview with Omar Pinto, host of the very popular Sharing Helps Addicts in Recovery podcast (SHAIR) I explain in detail how I did it. He invited me to provide a natural drug-free treatment option for pain. Hope it will help you get your life back.

3. zzeet

zzeet Newcomer

Thanks for your reply Fred,

So are there not any diseases/ilnesses i should get checked by a doctor? i think it would be easier to commit to the mind approach when i know there is nothing serious..

4. FredAmir

“But some days its also a lot better than others. Also i am limping for 2 years (when i started focusing more and more on my body, everything got kinda worse).. Also the limp is different from day to day.”

These are typical TMS patterns. Certainly, it helps to be cleared of any possible physical cause by a doctor. However, as you can see in this video, the mind is a very powerful force that can overcome much.

backhand likes this.
  5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Zzeet, I noticed you mentioned you were going to see a neurologist. How did that visit go? My thought is being cleared medically would mean you could proceed with a TMS or mind/body approach more confidently.

6. FredAmir

If you are going to see a doctor, I highly recommend you see a TMS doctor.

7. zzeet

zzeet Newcomer

thanks guys. @tgirl, i did get to see one neurolgist and he told me its because im tall and i should learn to live with pain which was very disencouraging.. I have an appointment with a neurologist that is also specialized on mind-body connection in 6 weeks :) So i cannot wait to see him. Thanks for your help.

8. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Wow, a neurologist that specializes in mind/body. I didn’t know that existed, but it’s great that it does. I live in Canada and as far as I know we don’t have such a specialty, although I could be wrong. Best of luck with your visit, and please let us know how it goes.

9. Sam007

Sam007 New Member

I have the exact same nerve symptoms as you. However, I have other issues along with them as well. I have tested positive for Lyme Disease which is very controversial to say the least. I am choosing to go the TMS route despite my diagnosis.

I have had some success with my pain symptoms using TMS techniques (about 2 months in), but no improvement in the numbness and tingling yet. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

10. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

@tgirl nice to see people from Canada on this site. I am from the Toronto area.

tgirl likes this.
  11. FredAmir