1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tingle

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Frankie1089, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

I am in the middle of my recovery journey with pain . I have some good days and some not good days. I need some advice. The last few days I've had a tingly sensation that pops up on different parts of my body. It feels like a drop of cold water touched my skin. It doesnt happen regularly but I'll feel it once in a while through the day. A tingle here a tingle there. It makes me feel scared and my thoughts go to scary things. Has anyone had this sensation before? If so did it go away? Is this a normal mind body symptom?

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I have experienced this sensation many times throughout my TMS journey and in hindsight can definitely say it was TMS. The brain was recruiting my nerves to alarm me into a state of preoccupation and fear of my next pain relapse which could last for months at a time. The worst pain always followed from these sensations. I had severe back pain, sciatica, foot pain and various other manifestations for twenty years. Once I had recovered, and I have recovered fully, the sensations disappeared. It is harmless and just your brain trying to pull you back into fear as a way to distract you from what it perceives as more 'dangerous' emotions.

Idearealist likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Remember extinction bursts! They pop up here and there for a long time, but eventually go away.

4. Frankie1089

5. Frankie1089

Thanks ! Your post
    calm me down.

birdsetfree likes this.
  6. Frankie1089

Thank you for the response. I'm working on the fear.

TG957 likes this.
  7. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Hi there

tingling burning pins and needles has been my primary problem. What started in just legs this year went to arms and neck and back and face. I do see a direct relations between stress anxiety times ns increase in symtpoms

just thought cause they legs tingling burning and allodynia feeling never really completely goes. Good days yes but then bad days are always around the corner.