1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Think of a person in your life from whom you hide your emotions.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by chenchen, Oct 20, 2022.

1. chenchen

chenchen Newcomer

I hide my emotions from everyone I know. My underlining assumption is that no one is interested. As I am writing this, I am aware that this is how I grew up as a child. I still remember the first time I discovered otherwise. I was 16. Someone I vaguely knew, a girl my age, died of cancer. It was a shock. People my age, that I know die. I came home from school. For the first time in my life when I entered the apartment, my sister-in-law asked me “Hana, what is wrong? What happened?”. My sister-in-law lived with us at the time and was there when I entered the apartment. I started to cry. Now when I think about it, I guess I cried more because someone saw me and cared. She hugged me. My mother was in the kitchen and had no interest in what was going on. Deep in her depression. As always ignoring my presence.

JanAtheCPA likes this.