1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 17 The questions, the dialogue letter and the most helpful part.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dsihaya, Sep 11, 2019.

1. dsihaya

dsihaya New Member

I read the questions to ponder, but I don't think I can ask them a hundred time everyday. A few times would be enough I feel. I already feel digging too much, investigating my feelings for at least half an hour in order to keep up with the program. But I understood the concept, it may be helpful.
    I wrote the dialogue letter to my brain. I read that people do that in the foruma and wanted to give a try without believing that I could write. The first few sentences took time, after that it just poured. To be honest I felt really insane, but it was worth it. It felt really good to say just leave me be and send me my oxygen. I hope it works.
    I found both the educational reading and journaling very useful. I realize many things about myself that I wasn't aware of when I started to write. Things I could never say out loud because that would hurt people or show my feelings of inferiority clear to the outer world. Also I am grateful to people writing to the forum about their daily experiences, because it's nice to feel that you are not alone and it guides me when I am stuck.
    Thanks to everyone.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

I hope dialoguing with your brain worked! It is funny, I dialoged with my face (which has some residual distortion from Bell's Palsy) and at one point, the face asked to bring the brain into the discussion, so we had a 3-way talk - yeah, felt crazy!!! But what insights! You've inspired me to post it - I'll do that now :)

I am grateful to you for posting, as well :)

dsihaya and JanAtheCPA like this.