1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Master Practice Monte Hueftle

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by PepperGirl, Jun 28, 2015.

1. PepperGirl

PepperGirl Peer Supporter

Hi there
    I'm suffering with a horrible 're-lapse' of back pain today after sudden jarring pain after doing jump squats in an exercise class this morning. I am struggling with thinking TMS on this one as haven't had this pain for 2 years and fear/dread creeping in or re-jury and all that, despite feeling 'cured' from the 18months of back/sciatica pain I once had. Anyhow.......after reading some old threads on the often asked question, 'TMS or real injury' questions, I felt enlighten about an old thread discussion Monte Hueftle's 'The Master Practice' and I wanted to see if I could buy this as an audio book of it but it seems that I have to buy the whole package for $99 which I really can't afford at all. Is there a more affordable audio book or Monte's book or do you have to buy the whole package/treatment? Thanks everyone.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi PepperGirl, I found his materials to be quite helpful. He's got several videos that you can find through our search engine or on YouTube:
    http://search.tmswiki.org/results.html?q=monte+hueftle

In general, TMS is such a huge deal in our lives that if there's something you think is will help, it's worth saving for if you can. If you think about it, it costs less than a single hour with a typical TMS therapist.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry to hear of your relapse Pepper. I feel compelled to chip in here and advise you against buying the $99 Monte package. I was bitterly disappointed with this when I purchased it. I don't want to go into why, but suffice to say you will get much more from re-reading Dr Sarno's books. I also highly recommend Steve Ozanich's book 'The Great Pain deception'. We all feel cured until the dreaded relapse occurs, but when this happens you must settle your anxiety, by first reminding yourself that you've been here before, and got better, so in time this too will pass. Recognise that your fear only adds fuel to the fire. Use affirmations to dissolve the fear. Recognise your tension levels and work gently but consistently at calming this down with words like "I float through this" "I am calm" I am patient". Find a soothing song to hum in your mind when you go about your day as this will help lower tension too. Your focus now is simply to accept the relapse and calmly remind your mind you have nothing to fear. You might need to spend a great part of your day doing this, but you will reap the rewards I assure you. I'd recommend buying Dr Emmett Miller's meditation CD's also, especially 'easing into sleep' and 'I am'.

As Claire Weekes told us: "Accept, float and let time pass". All the best, Colly

4. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

I tend to agree with Colly on Monte's Master Program. I purchased it in 2009, but the disappointment wasn't his message!

I purchased the Master Program in 2009 and since then he had updated with more Guided Imagery and other hypnosis package that did not come with the version I order.

I emailed saying I had purchased the Master Program in 2009 and wanted to know if I could purchase the Guided Imagery CD/Mp3.

I was told he did not have any tracking that I order his program and even if I did order the Master Program 2009 it was different and this one was new. I would have to re order the hole package again.

To be truthful, The Master Program ins't bad! The book is thin which basically covers living in the present moment!

Monte believes that TMS is cause by day to day repressed emotions!

I don't think he is wrong!

I have a problem with living in the NOW and I tend to ruminate a lot on the past and what is going to happen in the future and not living in the NOW!

This creates or perpuates TMS!

We are so busy trying to find that one repressed emotion, that we are not living NOW!

I believe we are programmed by how we were raised as children and what life experiences happen to us.

To me TMS strikes or flares not because of some repressed emotion but what is going on in our lives now!

So, what is going on in your life NOW and how are you responding to it?

I am caregiver and in just ONE year of my Father's death and being throwned out to care for my Elderly Mom who has dementia all by myself, I have HAD symptom imperative like crazy!!!

Hope you get to feeling better!

Kalo

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    intense50 likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Lots of stress in your lives, TMS friends.
    I think some visualization music videos can help.

I was surfing Youtube this morning for relaxing music and
    found an amazing number of hour-long music videos by a
    Japanese composer who also takes movies to accompany his music.

He is Okanokumo. Lots of his great videos, free on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=easy+listening+instrumental+music

They make good relaxing music videos before bedtime or anytime of stress.
    I especially like them with deep breathing.

6. PepperGirl

PepperGirl Peer Supporter

Thank you all so much, the support here is just amazing. I do know what you mean Forest and you can't always put a price on finding a path that helps in the TMS healing. However, in the end I didn't purchase 'The Master Practice'.
    In fact Colly - I found your words particularly soothing - so thank you for this. What you said about having been here before and this two will pass are the words I needed. I have read Steve O's book a few times, (and find it the best TMS book I have read, though not having read many) but because this relapse scared me to much, I knew I needed something new to help remind myself in a different way other than reading past material. On your recommendation Colly I bought 2 Emmett Miller downloads. I have so far listened to only two tracks but it feels like money well spent so far (and thankfully affordable too!). He seems to target the right things for me in the 'Healing your back' downloads. At first I was unsure whether to go for this one as it seems to suggest by the title it would focus on the physical too much, but actually the third track which talks you through the process that lead up to the back pain and goes through re-framing scenarios I found particularly soothing and helpful. It was just what I needed to curb the anxiety of this relapse. I feel calmer and fewer knots in my stomach about having 'injured' myself. Amazing how my thought patterns after this relapse yesterday initially threw all my past TMS knowledge out the window in a blind panic.
    Thank you for supportive words. It's so reassuring that this forum is here and it's like a kind hand held out to you when someone replies.
    Pepper x

intense50 and Forest like this.
  7. Aussie golfer

Aussie golfer Newcomer

Thank you for your thoughts on this as I was just about to buy the program for $99 and have ordered The Great Pain Deception instead from the book depository. The reviews are amazing and a brilliant follow up to Dr Sarno's books which I've read in the last few weeks. I know it's been over a year since you posted this information but thank you anyway. I'll be using the "I am calm and I float through this" from now on.
    Just let go.