1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The little reminders of success

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by chepolina, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. chepolina

chepolina Peer Supporter

As I sat in the sun today I noticed a blister on the sole of my left foot, right at the ball of the left foot. It came from being very active recently, being outdoors a lot, running, hiking, walking in the woods - really soaking up the summer. This blister, it made me chuckle. I have been walking so much on my feet that I got a blister!! I love it! It makes me grateful to see a little reminder of how far I have come.

You see just 4-5 years ago I thought I would never be able to walk normally again without gigantic orthotic shoes with custom orthotic inserts. Let alone RUN. I was convinced that my unexplained bilateral foot pain (sesamoiditis) would forever keep me partially disabled. MAYBE my right foot would get better... but never my left foot, I thought. It was too far gone. The MRI results just looked that bad.

For anyone who has seen my posts about my shoulder pain as a recent TMS flare-up - that pain is almost gone as well. Even this recent shoulder pain has been an eye-opening experience. May I say that TMS can be a blessing in disguise? It sure doesn't seem so at first though - not when you are in the middle of panic, despair, and feel trapped in your own body.

Cheers to anyone going through a rough time - it really does get better at the end. Just do your best and trust the process. My foot pain recovery was NOT quick, it was not easy, or straightforward either.

Ines, CarboNeVo, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm glad you are able to be so active now. I'm feeling really sorry for myself today so I'm glad to read this.

3. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

This is so helpful. Especially that the MRI results looked bad. I'm in the same boat and messaged you. This is so helpful.

4. chepolina

chepolina Peer Supporter

Checking your message now!

5. cookieheals

Ok! Thanks

6. cookieheals

Hi, did you get to take a look?

7. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

This is really encouraging one to read. I gain a lot of confidence and yeah encouragement. Thanks tho. wavea

8. cookieheals

Checking again here. Please, pretty please please. Would you mind responding? I don't have much symptoms except twinges here and there but the fear related to re-injury is overwhelming. Can you please respomd? You're the only seismodee on here and I would seriously appreciate any support.