1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Summit Day 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by untangledweb, Jun 4, 2018.

1. untangledweb

untangledweb Peer Supporter

The summit just started and it’s about tension and Somatic Release.
    Soundstrue.com

2. untangledweb

The interview at noon was with Dr Peter Levine. It is a really good mind/body discussion on healing trauma that’s stuck in the body.

plum likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Peter Levine is such a lovely, generous soul. In essence his lifelong work teaches us how far we have come from Nature but that redemption is possible. His explanations and techniques are beautifully complemented by David Berceli's Trauma Release Exercises (TRE). Together they restore the body to the body~mind equation, which many have lost contact with. I like that Peter Levine addresses this at the opening of the summit.

4. untangledweb

I hadn’t heard of David Berceli. Thank you. I’ll check him out

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Here are a couple of links to give a little more information:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/tension-release-exercises-for-tms.13583/#post-71377 (Tension Release Exercises for TMS?)

Essentially Berceli developed these exercises after observing the effects of war and conflict, and how they lead to trauma being stored in the body. The exercises induce a neurogenic tremour or shaking that releases trauma without the need for psychotherapy. They are incredible powerful and healing. Berceli's work is very much an evolution of Levine.