1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Success by reading Healing Back Pain

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Forest, May 7, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey,

We recenty received this link to a brief interview the documentarian film production team, Rumur, did with David Lang, who recovered from severe back pain by reading Healing Back Pain. Rumur, a production team made up of Michael Galinsky, Suki Hawley, and David Beilinson, are developing a documentary about Dr. Sarno and TMS called the Story of Pain.

Click here to view this on Vimeo

One of my favoite parts of this was where he said that one of the reasons recovery can take some time is because it can take time for our subconscious mind to accept something. It can be relatively easy for us to intellecutually understand and accept the main premise of TMS/PPD and that it is the cause of our symptoms. However, it can take longer to have the message sink into our unconscious mind. This is where reading and educating ourselves about PPD can really help. The more we flood our minds with PPD knowledge the more we will begin to change the patterns in our unconscious mind.

All in all this was a really great clip. I really think seeing video stories helps me connect with the message a lot more then with just text. I hope you all like it.

2. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

You are right that the idea of achieving an unconscious understanding is critical. I think that was a major stumbling block for me. I was shown the Dr. Sarno work many years ago and tried very hard to follow up. I reread the chapter that I was advised to reread many times. I made an appointment with Dr. Sarno and entered therapy. Yet I relapsed into thinking physical.
    It's only now that I'm really learning how to wrestle with my subconscious.