1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

stress fracture in shin? Is this TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by savasana, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:06 AM.

1. savasana

savasana New Member

Hi all,

I'm going to be seeing a doctor this week to get an x ray of my shin because I have all the symptoms of what is called a "stress fracture." Noticeable swelling in the area and pain if the area in question is touched but doesn't hurt to walk. I've had this pain for quite a while, actually for probably 6 months or longer. I'm not a marathon runner or anything and don't particularly put a lot of stress on the shin.

It's making me wonder, is this TMS? Does anyone have any info regarding this?

Thank you,
    S

2. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

I’d say get the x-ray and see what the doc says. Then go from there. If it’s been 6 months something most likely will show up if it’s a fracture.

3. savasana

savasana New Member

I got the x day and still waiting on results. But I went to an orthopedic surgeon for a diagnosis and she said it was 99% a stress fracture. I have to wear a boot and stay off of it as much as possible for 6-8 weeks.

What I find interesting is that this IS a an overuse injury, the kind that the TMS people say “isn’t possible” and that’s troubling to me because I always believed that was the case, but apparently not. I don’t know what to make of any of this anymore.