1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Spontaneous remissions project

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello,

I've heard alot about the 'spontaneous remissions project' which consists of 3500 recoveries from serious dis-eases using mind body techniques.

I've found the site, but the link to the data base is off line:

http://noetic.org/research/project/spontaneous-remission/faqs

They've identified that the following has helped with recovery:
    1. A change from dependency to autonomy combined with activities, attitudes, and behaviors that promote increased autonomy, awareness of themselves, others, and their environment, love, joy, playfulness, satisfaction, laughter, and humor.
    2. Facing the crisis, the despair, the sadness, and the pain and discovering they have the power to find a new way of life that is fulfilling and meaningful.
    3. Taking control of their lives, (personal, professional, emotional, spiritual, and medical) and living each day fully combined with a willingness to evaluate their beliefs and attitudes and change old beliefs and attitudes that are no longer appropriate or adequate.
    4. Becoming comfortable with and expressing and accepting both their positive and negative emotions/feelings, their needs, wants, and desires (physical, emotional, spiritual); the ability to say “No” when it is necessary for their well being.
    5. Having at least one strong loving relationship—a strong connection to another person, an activity, an organization(s), changing the quality of their interpersonal relationships with spouses, friends, family, neighbors, doctors, nurses, etc. in a positive way, and motivation to help others.
    6. Working in partnership with their physicians and participating in decisions related to their health and well being.
    7. Finding meaning in the experience of cancer, finding reasons to live, accepting the diagnosis but not the prognosis, seeing the disease as a challenge, belief in a positive outcome, and having a renewed desire, will and commitment to life.
    8. Choosing activities and practices that promote increased awareness and reduce stress (imagery, stress reduction, yoga, etc.); showing renewed spiritual awareness (Soul) that often results in a spiritual practice (prayer, meditation, religious affiliation, connection to nature, etc.).

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Mike, that's a great list of reminders for healing our TMS pains.
    If you got up at 4:44 because of any TMS symptoms or your mind was real active, I've found a good sleep aid.
    It's even called "Sleep Aid," from Kirkland. It's real cheap but effective with natural ingredients. One tiny pill half an hour before bedtime. It seems to calm the mind so get to sleep faster and I wake up during the night to make a pit stop, I get right back to sleep. But if you don't need it, just practice deep breathing.

3. mike2014

Hahaha no, I do have trouble sleeping but I made that post at 10:44. We have a 6 hour difference. Are those over the counter tablets? I'll have to check if we sell them.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't see him listed on the site credits, but isn't Bruce Lipton associated with IONS?

5. mike2014

I believe so, he's certainly done some speaches at their conferences. I'm hoping the data base link will be fixed soon. I'd love to read some of these stories.

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Very interesting, Mike. I've bookmarked and liked the post.

I feel that an important part of mindbody healing is "getting your head right." This list provides an excellent description of what it means to "get your head right."

7. mike2014

Hi All,

I've stumbled across this fascinating book called "Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds" by Kelly Turner, which supports a lot of the work by IONS.

http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Remis.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

In her New York Times bestseller, Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, Dr. Kelly A. Turner, founder of the Radical Remission Project, uncovers nine factors that can lead to a spontaneous remission from cancer—even after conventional medicine has failed.

While getting her Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkley, Dr. Turner, a researcher, lecturer, and counsellor in integrative oncology, was shocked to discover that no one was studying episodes of radical (or unexpected) remission—when people recover against all odds without the help of conventional medicine, or after conventional medicine has failed. She was so fascinated by this kind of remission that she embarked on a ten month trip around the world, traveling to ten different countries to interview fifty holistic healers and twenty radical remission cancer survivors about their healing practices and techniques. Her research continued by interviewing over 100 Radical Remission survivors and studying over 1000 of these cases. Her evidence presents nine common themes that she believes may help even terminal patients turn their lives around.

8. kyrani99

kyrani99 Peer Supporter

I have had two spontaneous remissions of cancer after first following an intuition to leave the place where I had gone to work and cut my ties with all of the people that were there. The second was 10 years later and it came after I confronted some people who were violating my property. The third time I got cancer, which was at the end of the year, 2004, I decided to investigate because by now I was sure that there was a lot more to cancer and possibly most diseases than we are told by the biomedical scientific community. What I discovered helped me deliberately effect spontaneous remission.

I can say that the first 4 points given above and the 7th are highly significant.
    I would also say that if one has a loving relationship with someone who is humane then this would be of great benefit but not essential.

I would say that the greatest obstacle to spontaneous remission is the medical paradigm that the body is a machine and that disease is the result of damage. I found that the body is purpose-driven and that disease is the result of bodily reactivity that arises from beliefs, i.e., ideas that we uphold with confidence. When those beliefs are negative they lead to problems because they cause us to react in ways that take the body away from resting metabolism and health.

Ellen and mike2014 like this.
  9. mike2014

Kyrani, thanks for your comments. It will go a long way in helping others who may come across the thread. Best regards

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  10. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Thanks Mike for this post and Radical Remissions. It's a well researched book which everyone can benefit from. Here's a short intro video.

mike2014 likes this.
  11. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Great job Mike and thx

12. mike2014

Hi All,

I'm not sure if you are familiar with Anita Moorjani, but I just wanted to share this really interesting YouTube Video.

Anita Moorjani, the author of Dying to Be Me, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and doctors told her family she was just hours away from death. It was at this point that she 'crossed over' and then returned again into this world with a clearer understanding of her life and purpose on earth. This understanding subsequently led to a total recovery of her health which has even amazed Doctors.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016