1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Español Soy nueva y busco un terapeuta que hable español

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nancy o, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy o

Nancy o New Member

Hola, soy nueva y busco un terapeuta que hable español, vivo en Bogota Colombia por favor ayúdenme. Se que puedo sanar sola no he podido.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I ran Nancy o's text through google translate and it follows below in English:

Hi, I'm new and I search for a therapist who speaks Spanish, I live in Bogota Colombia please help me. I know I can not heal alone I could.

Anyone know of any TMS therapists who speak Spanish?

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

English:
    We are starting a listserv for discussing TMS in Spanish. If you would like to become a member, please email me at forestfortreesweb@gmail.com .​

En español (traducido por translate.google.com):
    Estamos iniciando un servidor de listas para la discusión de TMS en español. Si usted desea ser miembro, por favor envíeme un correo electrónico a forestfortreesweb@gmail.com.​

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Hi,

Who's going to moderate the Spanish listserv? I'm just wondering... Also just out of curiosity, why use a listserv instead of a Spanish forum here?

5. Forest

Well, I wish the answer were different, but at this point we aren't capable of moderating the list. I will monitor it using Google Translate, but we really need to get some people who know the language. I wish that we could more substantial moderation, but people who speak only Spanish do tend to contact us every month or two and my heart really goes out to them. Without knowing the language, other than creating a community, I don't know what else we can do to help. The first step is just to gather anyone we know who knows TMS and can read a write a little Spanish. Then, hopefully, people who are helped by the list will stick around and help others. Eventually, we may be able to get a forum going, but for now I don't think that the people who would answer questions will return frequently enough to know that questions have been asked. As a result, new threads might not be replied to promptly, if at all.

6. Forest

I should mention that if anyone knows Spanish and would be willing to join the list, I would be thrilled to have them. You don't have to be an expert or to feel like you are "healed." You just have to be willing to try to read the emails and share what you've learned.

Our main Spanish language resources can be found here:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Síndrome_de_Miositis_Tensional
    The resources need to be updated quite badly, as they haven't been updated since we got our own server and moved from Wetpaint two years ago.

7. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Well, that is me. I can read and write a little Spanish.. emphasis on a little. My grammar is not very good and my vocabulary is probably that of an elementary school level. However, I can help. My participation would not be daily, but I could check in once or twice a week.

8. Forest

Hi Enrique, your offer is greatly appreciated. I will contact you via Facebook with details. I think that you will find that there will be a couple of messages every couple of months and that will be it. The emails will arrive directly in your email inbox, so you won't have to remember to check a forum, either. You can also unsubscribe at any time, but I think that this is a very special moment in that we may be laying the seeds of Spanish-language online community. Someday they may have their own forum and wiki as well, but it starts with this. Just us, Google translate, whomever else we can recruit, and a lot of patience. :)

If anyone else would like to join us, the more the merrier. I will also be on the list and will do my At first, it will be quite underwhelming, as we may go for several months without a single email. But I generally get a message in Spanish every 1-3 months from someone who has found our Spanish wiki pages about TMS. The next time this happens, I will refer them to the mailing list we are creating. Hopefully they will join it, stay on, and share their experiences with anyone else who joins, and a Spanish language online community will begin to grow.

At some point, we will want to add some language to our Spanish pages about the mailing list. We get about 15 visitors to those pages per month, and if one out of every 10 of them wants to sign up, that is a start. Healing Back Pain, Mindbody Prescription, and The Divided Mind have all been translated into Spanish, so there must be many people who want to discuss TMS.

9. Forest

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  10. Forest

11. Hopeful_Alexandra

Hopeful_Alexandra New Member

Hi Forest,
    I can help with French and Spanish. I am certainly not a master but I can do my best- better translating from either of those to English than the other way around but I can still help with the reverse! Let me know if that is still needed.
    Alex

12. Forest

Hi Alexandra, and thank you so much for your kind offer. Perhaps the easiest and best thing that you could do to help would be to join the Google group that is linked to above. Just as this forum is an important resource for many people, I want to create a similar resource in Spanish. It will be helpful to have people there who can participate in the dialogue (like you do here) and also just generally be helpful. It is a slow process, taking many years, to build up a community, but also a rewarding one to be part of. With a number of practitioners already on board, I think that we are well on the way.

Of course, emails sent to that mailing list are very rare, so once you join it, you will simply wait for several months until the next email arrives. There won't be much to do in this early stage. :) If you have any experience editing Wikipedia or if you simply like technology, there may be additional work you could help with managing the construction of the Spanish (or possibly French) portions of the TMS Wiki. However, this may be a bit of a shot in the dark, as most people don't like technology and have no experience editing Wikipedia. :)

Thanks again for your kind offer of support!

13. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hola Nancy,

Tienes una terapeuta en España que se llama Encarna.

Voy a buscar su web y te la dare.

Sabes que tambien tienes los libros de Sarno en español.
    Mucho animo!

14. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

15. Namiomi

Namiomi Newcomer

I can help with some Spanish lyrics if needed. But Google Translate can handle it too. And to translate sound from video (if necessary), you can use vidby. I have already used their services to dub videos from English to Spanish and I was impressed by the high level of translation quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2022
  16. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Locking this extremely ancient thread. The most recent post, mentioning lyrics (say what?) included a link, no idea if it's legit, but I removed it anyway.

Reviving old threads with a comment that is not really on target with our forum is a spammer trick. They will often later edit their post with a malicious link. Seems like a lot of work, not done by bots, and I'm not sure what they get out of it.

Bottom line, folks: be skeptical of posts that don't seem quite right, especially if they revive old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.