1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Shoulder Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Renee, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Renee

Renee Well known member

Hi everyone. In 2017 I broke my left shoulder, went through pt and I'm fine now. My right arm never fully recovered range of motion, and I was told by the physical therapist that it was because it had to compensate for when my left shoulder was broken. I also had a left mastectomy with lat-flap reconstruction in 2005. I never injured my right arm/shoulder.

So a couple of years ago I started having pain that would come and go, and then finally when I was buckling my seat belt I felt something kind of snap and have had severe pain since then. X-rays show an inflamed bicep and bursa, and a tear at the supraspinatis. To me this is classic TMS but the pain is so bad. I had a steriod shot a few months ago just to get some relief but it has now worn off. My doctor suggested a platelet rich plasma treatment which is not covered by insurance and costs $300. He said there is a chance this treatment will heal everything completely. But I know this just gives it more energy by constantly trying to treat it. I found a really great massage therapist, and I'm wondering if she could help me instead but would that be the same as getting the prp treatment? I have gone months without doing anything but the pain never goes away like it used to in the beginning.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I should proceed? Thank you.

2. David88

David88 Well known member

Have you looked at what repressed emotions might be causing the pain? Are you thinking psychologically instead of physically?

3. Renee

Renee Well known member

Yes. Brought out all my books. I guess I am too focused on it because it's so painful.

David88 likes this.
  4. David88

David88 Well known member

Is the pain keeping you from using your shoulder normally?

When I had TMS shoulder pain a few years ago, I lost mobility because I wasn't using it. I found that some gentle stretching and mobilization exercises were very helpful. They got my range of motion back, and they helped me overcome the fear of using the shoulder normally. Now the shoulder is fine.

5. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i avoided shoulder surgery completely through TMS recovery techniques~ and my shoulder was bad. so, in my opinion~ it’s possible to fully and totally heal yourself!

David88 likes this.
  6. mbo

mbo Well known member

1) QUITE EASY : get rid of your conscious fear of pain (supposedly due to non existent injury, illness, damage,...)
    2) NOT SO EASY: get rid of your unconscious fear of being very angry and so commiting irreparable acts of violence (bad thoughts are just thougts, inoffensive thoughts!)

Just my two cents, of course.
    M

Mr Hip Guy likes this.