1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 Self care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Jan 24, 2022.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

I realised that I have been neglecting self care for a long time. There are a few things that I would like to do on a regular basis. These are things that I realise enjoy and feel will have a positive impact on me. I also feel that I will be able to incorporate them into my schedule:

-watch films
    -go for photo walks (I love photography)
    -read books
    -practice yoga
    -meditate
    -visit restaurants more

I often feel guilty about doing these kinds of activities as I often have a lot to do and feel like I’m wasting time. I’m giving myself permission to do these things without any guilt. I deserve to be able to do the things I enjoy. I’m also going to not put any pressure on myself to do these things, because they’re things I’m doing for pleasure. I don’t want my perfectionist personality trait to see these as just another chore. At first I put dates and how often I should do these things on here but I took them off because self care shouldn’t be a chore. I’m going to try to give myself 30-60 mins a day where I can just completely relax and do something that I truly enjoy.

ChronicVince and ssxl4000 like this.