1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ruling out pshyical causes?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by NameK, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

So I'm seeing my gp this upcoming Tuesday for a follow up to the urologist. My urinary symptoms aren't as bad or noticable however my lower back pain has been worse. I had an xray on my lower back and pelvis it came back fine. She also said its probably not a hernatied disc so an mri isnt nessicary.

She also said it's most likely stress and anxiety. It makes sense considering that this all started during a very stressful time in my life. And I've been constantly stressed and anxious due to being in pain for now 7 months.

Any questions I should ask her ?

I've been going to pshyio with not much progress although my pt has said my si joint and flexabilty has improved but my pain still remains any tips for stress and anxiety reduction ?

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Ruling out physical causes can be a long and winding road. If I were in your shoes I would have my bladder checked with a cystoscopy and also a check were they see if the urine flows continuously or if there are involuntary stops in the flow. That means you have muscle clenching you are not aware of. And that fits to the diagnosis of pelvic floor distinction, which is TMS.
    The moment you definitely know that nothing structurally is wrong, your anxiety will drop. What you can do now is to calm you down. For me it works to do some things, even to work, which keeps me distracted and make me feel safe.
    Good luck on Tuesday!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018