1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Returning to the SEP after a few years!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Oct 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Hi everyone,

I first did the TMS Wiki SEP a few years ago, to help me overcome my chronic back/shoulder pain. I also had Fibromyalgia and CFS/ME for a few years. This year my neuropathic pain (associated with the Fibromyalgia) went away, so I've been slowly tapering off all the medications for that! I'm really pleased to report such a significant improvement.

However, my last symptom - the chronic fatigue - has been harder to budge. I thought I'd try the TMS SEP again, and see if it helps me!

I've been using a number of techniques in my recovery journey including meditation, EFT, somatic experiencing, seeing a therapist, etc. I've also been using a couple of online programmes, Secrets to Recovery by the Optimum Health Clinic and ANS Rewire by Dan Neuffer. In addition, I recently found some journalling prompts on this website which look like a useful addition to the SEP: A Week’s Worth of Journaling Prompts: Healing the Past.

Look forward to getting back into it!

Cheers,
    Lauren

georgethee and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good to see you again, Lauren, and I will have to check out that journaling recommendation.

Keep us posted!

~Jan

Laudisco likes this.
  3. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Thank you for the great references. New tools are always appreciated. It's so great to hear you had luck in the past with the program. I'm working through the program for the first time and am finding it useful. Good luck on this latest journey! Jo

JanAtheCPA and Laudisco like this.
  4. Lotus

Lotus New Member

This is an old post but was curious if The ANS REWIRE Program helped. I’m currently doing it for the second time but started to feel that it was triggering my symptoms because Dan partially focuses on physical causes.

My most confusing symptoms are chronic fatigue and brain fog.

Thanks.