1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction in pain symptoms and increase in intense fatigue

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Rotanzania, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Rotanzania

Rotanzania New Member

CAn anyone share wisdom or teaching I can access on this issue? I am able to use somatic tracking so effectively, crazily effectively actually, to manage my previous pain, but the fatigue isn’t budging. If anything it’s increasing. Do I plough through it and just do stuff, as currently even going to put on a wash is exhausting. Any thoughts, ideas and wisdom would be so appreciated

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Rotanzania, I took a look at your older posts spanning several years and I wonder if you ever completed the SEP or Alan's program?

In my eleven years of experience, it still always comes down to repression of negative emotions. It's how our brains were designed, after all.

More questions to ponder (as per the SEP):
    What's been your experience with expressive writing and being vulnerable to acknowledging and accepting negative emotions?
    How does serious stress reduction and control over anxiety fit into your daily routine?
    How are you coping with the current state of the world?
    And how about self-regard? Do you treat yourself with love and compassion, or are you putting pressure on yourself in one or more ways?

I feel like we're seeing a lot of relapses, and I think we're dealing with another wave of existential uncertainty and insecurity all over the world. Except that we're not dealing with it, because it's so completely out of our control, and it's so completely overwhelming. This makes it perfect for repression, because our brains don't want us consciously thinking about it.

jrid32 likes this.