1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

ready to do whatever it takes to heal

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

I would say I have healed 97% from my pelvic pain sometimes it comes up rarely but I know exactly what it is and it subsides fairly quickly.

However, since healing that pain I have had symptom substitutions left and right! From OCD to bloating to anxiety and When a new thing comes up when I realize it is TMS I apply the same approach but it's not before long another TMS thing pops up to take its place. Clearly, the deep purpose for the pain is still there. I do expressive writing, I go to therapy I am open with my emotions but stuff keeps coming up.

So how do I address the root problem? I have addressed the problems with my family the anger I have towards them, I have addressed and felt the feelings of confusion about my sexuality. My therapist says I don't need to actually change something in my life to heal. I don't need to know my sexuality right now and it is okay to be angry with my family. So then what do I do?

What emotions am I not feeling or how can I get my self to feel them if therapy and writing are not working? Is it possibly harmful to me to still have a relationship with a man? My therapist says it isn't and I agree but then what can I do to get to the root cause of my brain trying to distract me. I think it has been from a young age I have had forms of distraction, I had eczema which is a TMS equivalent, problems with skin picking and anxiety... It feels like I have always had something so what can I do address the true purpose of the TMS so it is no longer necessary.

FredAmir and Click#7 like this.
  2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

3. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Kylin love yourself !!!!

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

If you have not tried my Nine-Step Rapid Recovery Plan, I am happy to send you my Rapid Recovery podcast as a gift to try and see if it gives you the edge you need. Just message me with your email if you you want to try it.