1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Raynauds disease recovery story

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by bodymindphysio, Feb 8, 2022.

1. bodymindphysio

bodymindphysio New Member

2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Great success story! Loved it. Really well laid out, the steps you took to retrain your brain. This is really applicable to any mind-body issue, not just Raynauds.

(could especially appreciate this story because my wife is also Australian and we now live in a way colder climate which she distinctly does not like. Maybe she should do the visualizing lava thing, lol)
    Thanks for sharing.

3. tb_player

tb_player New Member

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It sounds like you were able to overcome quite a lot and it was nice to read about each step of your process. I definitely found some pieces that I will try to use in dealing with my own issues.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

5. brecar92

brecar92 New Member

Great story! A lot of similarities to mine. Congratulations on freeing your mind!

6. migrator

migrator New Member

Wow, I am impressed by your consistent application of techniques to retrain your brain. My experience mirrors yours but with totally different symptoms: being 100% convinced a problem is a mind-body issue rather than a 'real' physical process is key to overcoming the issue. Thanks for your in-depth reporting.

brecar92 likes this.
  7. jenny.rice

jenny.rice New Member

Such an interesting, informative, and well-organized blog about your experience during your Raynauld's! Congrats, and thank you for sharing. I found this extremely helpful! I also struggle with Raynauld's and Erythromelalgia (the opposite of Raynauld's but basically the same thing, only reacting to heat instead of cold... they are often exhibited together). I am working hard to pinpoint the underlying emotional/psychological trigger.

8. bodymindphysio

bodymindphysio New Member

Thankyou for your comments, I hope to give inspiration for recovery from Raynauds or any other mind body conditions, which have been regarded as incurable, as the principles are the same. If there is no specific trigger like I had to cold but you have more generalised raynauds, this can be a signal from your body indicating a nervous system in chronic sympathetic drive, which restricts blood flow to extremities and in conjunction, a disordered breathing pattern of shallow rapid upper chest breaths, and mouth breathing which lowers CO2 in the blood creating vasoconstriction, in which case you will also notice an exaggeration in symptoms in response to any stressors whether it be cold, pressure to perform, lack of food or sleep, excessive exercise, emotional stress, psychological stress etc. in which case you would need to include Correcting the disordered breathing (look up Patrick McKeown)and consciously address the stressors in your life and improve self care/boundaries/let go of stress inducing personality traits developed as a survival response when young but now creating more stress would also need addressing.