1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Questions from Lavender

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Lavender, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

hello Forest and forgive me for finding you this way to ask questions. This is the first time I have ever participated in a forum so I beg your patience,
    First, are there archives of the Saturday morning call- ins to listen to if we miss it?
    - How does a participant include a photo with their name ? Is that the same as your instructions to include an image within a post?
    ( all new terms here for me)
    -Does a person "post a thread"spontaneously or must it always be in reply to someone else's post on the same subject.
    -How do I do so?
    How do I best contact you for types of question such as this, that is using the forum correctly?
    Thanks!

2. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi, Lavender, and welcome! I think I can answer all your questions...

We don't have a Saturday morning call-in, although the call-in discussion group on Tuesday evenings used to be held on Saturdays at 1pm ET. I'm assuming this is what you're referring to. You can find recordings of all the discussion groups on the discussion group wiki page (www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group#Recordings_of_Past_Discussions). Recordings are usually posted on Thursdays.

Including a photo with your name (also known as an "avatar") is not the same as adding an image within a post. Go to www.tmswiki.org/forum/account/avatar (make sure you're logged in). Click on the gray button that says Choose File . Choose the image file from your computer you want to use as your avatar. The name of the file you choose (for instance, LavendarAvatar.jpg) should appear next to the gray Choose File button. Click the blue Modify Avatar button below to save.

You can post a new thread or post a reply in an existing thread. It's your choice! Do what you are most comfortable with.

To post a new thread, you first need to decide what subforum you want to post in. Descriptions of our subforums can be found on the main forum page, www.tmswiki.org/forum . Click on the subforum you want to post in. At the very top of the page, right below the search box, you should see a blue box that says Post New Thread. Write your post (make sure you include a title) and click the blue Create Thread box to post it. That's it!

We do have a specific subforum dealing with the technical aspects of the forum overall, at www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/how-to-use-our-programs.4/ . You can post technical questions there and Forest, myself, or others can help you out. Feel free to message Forest or myself privately (click on the image/avatar, and then click Start a Private Conversation on the box that pops up) if something really isn't going right. At some point, I'll be moving your post, and my reply, to that subforum to help keep this site organized.

Please let me know if I forgot to address anything, or if anything was unclear. I'm happy to clarify it for you. Welcome to the forum!!

Becca

G.R. likes this.
  3. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Becca,
    I just want to say you are so loving to tae the time to write out all the instructions for the wiki.
    G.R.

4. Becca

Becca Well known member

G.R., it's my pleasure :)

Lavender, I just wanted to let you know that your original post, as well as my reply and G.R.'s, have now been moved from the thread The benefit of an evidence sheet to this thread here, which I've named Questions from Lavender.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask :)