1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Question about triggers

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Agnes, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Agnes

Agnes New Member

I'm on Day 10, and have been requested to post my thoughts thus far. Well, I'm 98% sure I have TMS. Won't go into all my reasoning and substantiation for that, but through my reading of Dr. Sarno's book and this TMS structured ed program, I'm reading about myself over and over. On the positive side, I do not let my low back pain (six plus years now) stop me from doing anything. If anything I feel less or no pain when my mind is busy doing something else. But on the negative side, I must admit I haven't noticed any decrease in my pain thus far. I've been journaling, etc., but it is apparently hard for me to break through emotional stuff that I never knew I had been repressing, but which I now know I do. I'm certainly going to keep with the program, and live in hope. One specific question: I know that identifying triggers is important, but I don't feel like I have triggers, because my pain is constant; it really doesn't go and come. Any thoughts on this? Thank you (whoever you are) for caring about someone you don't even know. Agnes

2. Benjiro

Benjiro Peer Supporter

My TMS pain had got to the point where it was constant and similarly difficult to identify triggers that occasioned it. What you can look at is the severity of your symptoms. What triggers an exacerbation of pain in the area? This knowledge is likely to be insightful. Also, if you can remember rare instances where it went away entirely keep the surrounding conditions in mind.

nick likes this.
  3. Agnes

Agnes New Member

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I'll try!