1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 question about therapy types

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by niles, Sep 30, 2020.

1. niles

niles New Member

I am currently in DBT therapy, I started it about 6 months ago. So far I have not found it to be helpful for my pain, depression, or anxiety. I was wondering if there's a certain type of therapy that people have found to be helpful with TMS specifically?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

After reading Sarno I was left with a huge reservoir of awakened rage and it wasn't until I went into regular old Cognitive behavioral therapy with the intent of hunting down the ragemakers that I got any respite from myself. Just acknowledging all of the cognitive dissonance was enough to stop the noise. There was a yawning chasm between what I wanted to believe and what I really believed....and another one between what I was doing in my life and the reasons for it. Kind of sleepwalking.

It is/was always hidden things I am 'OK' with. In retrospect it is totally obvious to me now why I got my symptoms when I did and in the Job/family/professional/recreational/creative place I was in. Believe it or not, getting over TMS was really "what am I NOT feeling that maybe I should?"...so talking about how I feel is only a starting point

Any therapy for TMS will need to be directed at raising ones awareness about their anger. Conscious and unconscious.